The president of Uganda tries to ban oral sex because 'the mouth is for eating'
- Museveni said he was issuing a public 'warning' during a press conference
- In 2014 Museveni said that performing oral sex could cause people to get worms
- The same year he made it a criminal offence not to report someone for being gay
The president of Uganda has said he wants to ban the nation's citizens from practicing oral sex because 'the mouth is for eating'.
President Yoweri Museveni blamed 'outsiders' for trying to convince Ugandans to perform oral sex on one another - and said he was issuing a public 'warning' about it.
He told press: 'Let me take this opportunity to warn our people publicly about the wrong practices indulged in and promoted by some of the outsiders.
President Yoweri Museveni (pictured) said he wants to ban Ugandans from performing oral sex
'One of them is what they call oral sex. The mouth is for eating, not for sex.
'We know the address of sex, we know where sex is.'
Museveni signed the Anti-Homosexuality Act in 2014, making it illegal to be gay in Uganda.
Ugandans risk life imprisonment if they are found to be having regular gay sex.
The act also made it a criminal offence not to report someone for being gay.
In 2014, after introducing the law, Museveni said oral sex could cause worms.
'You push the mouth there, you can come back with worms and they enter your stomach because that is a wrong address,' he said.
In January he said he regretted his decision to halt the country's practice of executing criminals.
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic chatter between Southwest flight 1380 pilot and ATC
- Precious moment gorilla kisses her baby seconds after birth
- Demonstrator says President Assad is a 'good man'
- Man is shot and robbed at gas station in broad daylight
- British Laura Plummer filmed in Egyptian prison for first time
- Callous woman abandons FOUR dogs on waste ground in Texas
- Adorable moment dog teases baby and play chase around living room
- Shocking moment woman is assaulted by couple who followed her home
- Itchy grubs invade tree with their web like nests
- Ant McPartlin admits he's 'let himself down' outside court
- Anonymous landlord admits he exchanges accommodation for sex
- Nurse demonstrating CPR inadvertently 'twerks' performing manoeuvre
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.