Michael Sheen looks forlorn as he is spotted for the first time since announcing split with Sarah Silverman as he leaves a hotel in London
He split from Sarah Silverman last Christmas, after more than four years together.
And Michael Sheen cut a forlorn figure as he left a hotel in London on Saturday.
The actor, 49, was spotted for the first time since the couple announced their break-up last month, after the pair struggled to make their long-distance relationship work.
Forlorn: Michael Sheen, 49, was spotted for the first time since he announced his break-up with Sarah Silverman, as he left a hotel in London on Saturday
Michael wrapped up in a navy pea coat as he braced the snowy weather and made his way to an awaiting taxi, laden with luggage.
He paired the casual ensemble with a charcoal grey jumper, black boot-cut jeans and chunky military boots.
The Queen star, who donned a grey tweed flat cap, failed to raise a smile as he left the hotel.
Break-up: He split from Sarah Silverman last Christmas, after more than four years together (pictured in December 20160
Sarah, 47, announced her split from Michael last month after four years together, in a tweet that seemed to take inspiration from the words of Gwyneth Paltrow in her 2014 divorce announcement from Chris Martin.
She wrote: 'The great @michaelsheen & I consciously uncoupled over Christmas. I mean, not 'over Christmas' - like that wasn't the fight that ended it. No fight. We just live in different countries & it got hard.
'Felt we should just tell y'all so u stop askin, 'How's Michael/How's Sarah?''
Flying solo: The actor, wrapped up in a navy pea coat as he braced the snowy weather and made his way to an awaiting taxi laden with luggage
Sense of humor: Sarah made a reference to Gwyneth Paltrow's 2014 announcement of her separation from Chris Martin as she announced the relationship had concluded
The pair met while filming Showtime's Master of Sex Together in 2014.
Last summer, the comedian delved into the dynamics of her international relationship with Michael, while speaking with Jimmy Kimmel.
'He’s my on-again, off-again lover,' she said. 'I call him my on-again, off-again lover because we’re apart by oceans; one ocean. So he’s there a lot, and then we just long for each other and we see each other and we love each other.'
Michael had lived in LA but returned to the U.K. when his daughter Lily, who he shares with Kate Beckinsale, turned 18 and began attending college at New York University.
She said the Welsh actor had 'wanted to go home,' as 'he was here to be near his daughter, now she’s off, she’s going to start her own life.'
Friends: Sarah has been close friends with Michael's ex Kate Beckinsale for several years
Most watched News videos
- Karen Brady despairs over entrepreneur's £1000 luxury mug
- Black man confronts Starbucks manager who denied bathroom code
- Delta flight catches fire after plane makes emergency landing
- Black customer demands free coffee from Starbucks... and gets it
- Stormy Daniels unveils sketch of man who 'threatened her' in 2011
- Paul Lynde played Samantha's prankster uncle Arthur on Bewitched
- Boyfriend confesses to the brutal murder of pregnant girlfriend
- Fed-up farmer puts up sign to warn off his complaining neighbours
- Incredible video of lorry taking mobile home across tiny bridge
- Police threaten to crush vehicles of those caught 'hare coursing'
- Shocking moment shirtless motorist caught performing sex act
- Gym calls police on black member after claiming his ID won't scan