'It would be rude if we didn't sink a few tinnies': Matt Damon enjoys a beer with a local surfer in Queensland amid rumours he is considering a permanent move to Australia
He's the Hollywood A-Lister, who has been holidaying in Byron Bay with his family.
And Matt Damon, 47, proved he's not above meeting fans when he shared a beer with a North Queensland local on Sunday.
The Jason Bourne hunk was soaking up the sun at Double Island Point, near Noosa, over the weekend, when local Tyler Boyce spotted the star.
Scroll down for video
My shout: Matt Damon was soaking up the sun at Double Island Point, near Noosa, over the weekend, when local Tyler Boyce spotted the actor and offered him a beer
Not wanting to let a chance go by, Tyler offered Matt a can of beer which he happily accepted.
Ever the magnanimous celebrity, Matt was also happy to pose for a photo with Tyler which he uploaded to Instagram.
The photo showed a clearly chuffed Tyler standing proudly next to Matt, beer in hand.
Holiday mode: Matt has been holidaying in Australia with his family in recent weeks
Matt threw his arm around Tyler's shoulder as he posed while looking chuffed to be offered a can of XXXX Gold.
Speaking to the Courier Mail about his celebrity encounter, Tyler said that he was taken aback by Matt's down-to-earth attitude.
'Me and the boys thought it would be rude if we didn't pop by to say 'hey' and sink a few tinnies,' he told the publication.
Beer o'çlock: Matt threw his arm around Tyler's shoulder as he posed while looking chuffed to be offered a can of XXXX Gold.
He added: 'To our surprise he was keen to chat and have a beer with us for a while, talking about how lucky we are to live here.'
Matt who has been in Australia since Easter palling around with mate Chrius Hemsworth, was recently the subject of rumours that he is considering a permanent move Down Under
An unnamed source told Woman's Day last week that Matt is envious of mate Chris Hemsworth's idyllic Australian lifestyle.
Oz bound? Matt who has been in Australia since Easter palling around with mate Chris Hemsworth, was recently the subject of rumours that he is considering a permanent move Down Under
'Matt loves Australia...Chris enjoys the quiet life away from Hollywood and that just makes it even more appealing.'
According to Page Six last month, he was looking to buy the property next door to Chris due to his dissatisfaction with President Donald Trump.
'Matt's telling friends and colleagues in Hollywood that he's moving the family to Australia for a year,' a 'top' source told the publication.
Smitten: 'Matt loves Australia,'an unnamed source told Woman's Day. 'Chris [Hemsworth] enjoys the quiet life away from Hollywood and that just makes it even more appealing'
Most watched News videos
- Man discusses simple diet change that helped stave off mum's dementia
- Motorist held at gunpoint takes revenge using car as battering ram
- Kick Kennedy posts a tribute on Instagram to Matthew Mellon
- Woman deliberately trips boy at restaurant as she 'was annoyed'
- Chilling moment pervert lunges at children before exposing penis
- Police search for Waffle House gunman who killed four people
- Queen rolls her eyes as Prince Charles calls her 'mummy' on stage
- Fun-loving puppy recovering after being left for dead
- Man tasered by police for allegedly assaulting woman on plane
- Man is tasered on plane after allegedly assaulting a woman
- Racist fraternity video sparks outrage at Syracuse University
- India Oxenberg seen pacing the street while on phone