Jack Antonoff is 'really supportive' of ex Lena Dunham while she recovers from hysterectomy... as he's snapped with Lorde in New Zealand
They broke up in January after five years together.
But on Wednesday, UsWeekly reported that Jack Antonoff continues to be a source of support to Lena Dunham in the midst of her ongoing health issues.
'Lena and Jack are in a great place, not in a romantic way. Jack has been really supportive,' a source told the magazine.
Still friends: They broke up in January after five years together but, UsWeekly reports Jack Antonoff continues to be a source of support to Lena Dunham in the midst of her health issues
The insider added: 'They aren’t hanging out or talking every day but he’s being supportive and they’re in constant communication and being friendly with each other.'
The Bleachers frontman, 33, publicly expressed his well wishes for the Girls creator, 31, last week after she revealed she had undergone a total hysterectomy to deal with her serious endometriosis.
In her essay published in Vogue, Dunham described Antonoff as her 'beautiful partner, who has seen me through so much pain with compassion and care.'
However, she also noted that the couple were 'growing slowly apart' and that she will lose him along with her biological ability to bear children.
'Jack has been really supportive': An inside claims Antonoff has been in constant touch with his ex who last week revealed she has had a total hysterectomy resulting from endometriosis
Dunham had her uterus and cervix removed in an attempt to end pain related to her endometriosis and has also endured five surgeries to remove her ovaries from her rectal wall.
On Tuesday, Lena was seen out in new York as photos emerged of Antonoff playfully cuddling up to singer Lorde, 21, in her native New Zealand.
The outing together comes just a month after the musician shot down rumors he was dating Lorde days after confirming his break-up with Dunham.
'Normally I would never address rumors but I resent having the most important friendships and working relationships in my life reduced to dumb hetero normative gossip,' he wrote. 'Those relationships are deeply important and sacred.'
He added: 'With that said, I'm not seeing anyone. lol.'
Moving on: Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Bleachers frontman Antonoff, 33, was snapped playfully cuddling up to singer Lorde, 21, in her native New Zealand
Most watched News videos
- The Queen nods to Frank Skinner's rendition of George Formby song
- Man is tasered on plane after allegedly assaulting a woman
- Obama appears to joke with Melania at Barbara Bush's funeral
- Man discusses simple diet change that helped stave off mum's dementia
- Queen rolls her eyes as Prince Charles calls her 'mummy' on stage
- Woman deliberately trips boy at restaurant as she 'was annoyed'
- Stockholm city centre flooded by fans in tribute to DJ Avicii
- Police search for Waffle House gunman who killed four people
- India Oxenberg seen pacing the street while on phone
- Fun-loving puppy recovering after being left for dead
- Man tasered by police for allegedly assaulting woman on plane
- Chilling moment pervert lunges at children before exposing penis