Katherine Heigl hasn't forgotten her roots as she reunites with high school girlfriends in Toronto
Katherine Heigl is currently in Toronto shooting season eight of Suits.
And the 39-year-old, who is living apart from her husband and three children, invited her high school girlfriends to join her for a long weekend in Canada.
'Just had a soul renewing weekend with my high school girlfriends,' she said on Instagram. 'A few were missing and they were deeply missed, but I am so incredibly grateful to my girls that came!'
Reunited! Katherine Heigl, who is currently filming Suits in Toronto, enjoyed a long weekend with her high school girlfriends in Canada
'It was a long trip for most of them and they had to brave customs, airports, flight delays, city traffic and leaving their families just to spend a couple of days with me,' she continued.
'There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like spending time with women who know the depths of your soul and love you anyway!
'Some of us have stayed in touch these last 20 something years and some of us have raced off on our paths post high school and lost contact but our sisterhood remains beautifully, profoundly intact and I could not be more inspired by or grateful for these extraordinary women!'
'There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like spending time with women who know the depths of your soul and love you anyway!' the former Grey's Anatomy star said on Instagram
Four and no more: Katherine, who has been living apart from her husband and three kids, enjoyed a weekend of company with three of her closest gal pals
Heigl is the latest addition to USA's hit TV-series Suits following the exit of Meghan Markle and Patrick Adams.
The former Grey's Anatomy star talked about transitioning from being a full-time mom to a working mom on her blog Those Heavenly Days.
'The reality is, I've been acting since I was eleven years old. I have put in my 10,000 hours and it's what I know and do best,' she said.
'Part of me would love to retire from the screen and be a mommy blogger who works from home. Another part of me would be devastated to give up performing and storytelling.
'The old adage 'Women can have it all' is a half truth that kind of pisses me off. You may, as a woman, be able to have a successful career and a family but you are always, always compromising one for the other. I guess you can call it having it all, you just can't have it all at once.'
City sampling: The group of women spent their days eating their way through Toronto
New gig: Heigl is the latest addition to USA's hit TV-series Suits following the exit of Meghan Markle and Patrick Adams
Katherine is the mother to a 15-month-old baby boy named Joshua Jr.
She also has two older adopted daughters—Nancy, nine, from South Korea, and Adalaide, five, from Louisiana.
The actress shares her three children with husband Josh Kelley, 38.
One big family: Heigl shares her three kids with husband Josh Kelley, 38
Most watched News videos
- Police cut down car that was hanging from a bridge in Toronto
- Teacher stands on student's desk and pulls hair to wake him up
- Hero in a suit chases cyclist down on foot to retrieve bag
- Shocking moment man is mauled to death in vicious bear attack
- Michael Cohen entering a hotel in New York City
- Victoria Pendleton climbs 841 metres whilst at Mount Everest
- Shocking moment 13-year-old brutally attacked by schoolgirls
- Handcuffed man PLUMMETS from balcony after running from courtroom
- Prankster hilariously 'translates' insults from group of irate men
- Man makes running suspect fall during chase with police officers
- 'I am your mother, Kamiyah!' Kidnapping victim shouts in court
- The shocking moment kindergarten teacher throws pupil against wall