Whoops! Jaden Smith misses his flight to Budapest to celebrate Father's Day with dad Will and his family - after Jada revealed she agreed to emancipation because the 19-year-old is 'so mature'
- Will, 49, is filming a movie in Budapest, Hungary
- His wife Jada, oldest son Trey, and daughter Willow (joined by her boyfriend) flew out to spend Father's Day with him
- Will revealed that Jaden missed the fun because he missed his flight
- Earlier this month, Jada discussed how she knew Jaden would leave the nest early because he was 'so mature'
- She said she and Will agreed to his request to be emancipated at 15 because she knew it was 'time for him to leave the house'
Will Smith was in Budapest this weekend celebrating Father's Day with the entire family — except for his 19-year-old son Jaden.
Will, 49, has been in Hungary filming a movie, so his wife Jada, oldest son Trey, and daughter Willow flew out to join him.
The group posed for pictures together and seemed to be having a great time, even with the absence of Jaden, who Will revealed missed is flight to Europe in time for the holiday.
Happy family: Will Smith's family flew out to Budapest to celebrate Father's Day with him (left to right: Jada, Trey, Willow, Will, Willow's boyfriend Tyler Cole)
Celebrate! Jada and Trey both posted loving messages for Will on Instagram
Fun: The group posed for several pictures together while sightseeing in the city
Goofing around: Will revealed that Jaden missed his flight, so they Photoshopped him into group pictures
'PERFECT Father’s Day with the Fam! Jaden missed his flight. But he’ll be here in the morning,' Will wrote on Instagram on Sunday night.
He added a video the family made together, goofing around in front of the famous Chain Bridge in Budapest. The clip is mostly filmed in slow-mo, and shows Will getting punched in the face by his 25-year-old son Trey.
He and Willow also put Mentos in a bottle of Coke to make it explode, and the whole family also does a dance together. In the end, they edit in an image of Jaden to pretend he is there.
Willow, 17, also shared some images and videos from the weekend in her Instagram Stories, and Jada, 26, uploaded a family photo of the group eating breakfast.
In the movies: They also made a funny slo-mo video, which Will shared online
Goofy: In the clip, the group does a choreographed dance in front of Chain Bridge
Grooving: They seem to be having a great time despite Jaden's absence
Going for the title: In one shot, Will's oldest son Trey punches him in the face, causing Will to spit out his water
Science experiment: They also put some Mentos in a bottle of Coke
Relaxing: The group has fun making bubbles and laughing on the grass
In the snapshot, Will, Jada, Trey, Willow, and Willow's boyfriend Tyler Cole all smile around a table together. They jokingly added Jaden into that shot too.
They didn't say how Jaden managed to miss his flight, and the teen hasn't put anything on Instagram himself.
Earlier this month, though, the Smith family's decision to allow Jaden to be emancipated made headlines, when Jada recalled how she felt it was 'time' for her son, then just 15, to branch out on his own, because he was 'so mature'.
'At 15 years old, Jaden, and I remember this day specifically. It’s probably one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life,' she said in an episode of Red Table Talk.
'You got to a point where you told me straight up, you were like, "Mom, I have to leave here to live my life."'
Uh, OK: Jaden, who is now 19, asked to be emancipated when he was 15. Jada said this week that she and Will agreed to it because he was 'so mature' and it was 'time'
Jetsetter: Will is currently filming a movie in Hungary
'I remember thinking to myself, as devastated as I was, I was like, ‘He’s right. The time is now. He’s 15. It’s time for him to leave the house.’
Though Jada's mom Adrienne Banfield-Jones then inserted herself to say that she never would have agreed with that, Jada went on: ' I told Will when Jaden was smaller, I said, "We’d be lucky to keep him in the house ‘til he’s 16."
'Because he was so mature...
'Being in this lifestyle, in this world, is a bubble. And he wanted out. And I understood that. I didn’t have the bubble, and I knew what... I gained from [having my freedom.] And I knew the sooner I let him go, the faster he was gonna come back,' she said.
Most watched News videos
- Thomas Markle reveals he is looking forward to meeting the queen
- Thomas Markle says Prince Harry might have been a Trump supporter
- Thomas Markle reveals Meghan has 'always wanted children'
- Thomas Markle expresses regret at not giving Meghan away
- Thomas Markle reveals Meghan cried when he couldn't make wedding
- 'I was trying to change my image' Thomas Markle on paparazzi photos
- Thomas Markle to Prince Harry: 'Never raise a hand' against Meghan
- Thomas Markle says Prince Harry was 'open to experiment' of Brexit
- Cute Charlotte spots Queen waving so she waves just like Gan-Gan
- Tamara Ecclestone left stunned by Jay's surprise for 5th anniversary
- A look into the relationship between Emmanuel and Brigitte
- Moment of silence held by the Queen and Meghan Markle
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.