'We weren't allowed in unless everyone gave up their phones': Conrad Sewell says Justin Bieber insisted all guests in his studio including a group of '40 female guests' relinquished their mobiles
Australian singer Conrad Sewell had a brush with pop star royalty but it came with a slight inconvenience.
Visiting Justin Bieber in his Las Vegas studio, the 30-year-old and his entourage of four women were asked to give up their smart phone before entering the premises.
'I actually was in the studio when Bieber was in there using the same studio. I came back from the club with four girls,' he began, speaking to KIIS 1065 FM on Tuesday.
Rules in his studio: Visiting Justin Bieber in his Las Vegas studio, Conrad Sewell and his entourage were asked to give up their smart phone before entering the premises
'And before we were even allowed into the studio everyone had to put their phones in. And there was like a case of phones,' the singer explained.
Conrad may have had four female admirers of his own in tow, but says that Justin had far more fans in his midst.
'There was about forty girls in the studio. They were not on their phones!' he joked to radio hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O'Henderson.
The rock star went on to say that he has had issues with trusting groupies in the past.
Give them up: Dial zero: 'I actually was in the studio when Bieber was in there. And before we were even allowed into the studio everyone had to put their phones in,' Conrad told Kyle and Jackie O
Popular: Conrad may have had four fans of his own in tow, but says that Justin had far more female admirers in his midst with 'about forty girls in the studio'
'Someone said you never should have sex with fans. You never know what they’re stealing from your room,' he said.
Conrad has long been candid about his battle with drugs and alcohol and this week he opened up even further, discussing his recovery.
The performer told Kyle and Jackie O that he has been sober one month and is tackling his issues with the help of a therapist and his family.
Careful! 'Someone said you never should have sex with fans. You never know what they’re stealing from your room,' he said
Opening up: Conrad has long been candid and open about his battle with drugs and alcohol
'It's an outpatient kind of thing. I have a therapist. A very good therapist. And I have good people around me,' he said.
The Healing Hands singer revealed he is living with his sister Grace in Los Angeles and she is a 'good influence'.
Healing: The performer told Kyle and Jackie O that he has has been sober one month and is tackling his issues with the help of a therapist and his family
Most watched News videos
- Biker dies after car pulls out without looking on highway
- Plane carrying Saudi Arabia football team catches on fire mid-air
- Incredible moment fearless surfer takes on massive wave in Portugal
- Thomas Markle reveals he is looking forward to meeting the queen
- Thomas Markle says Prince Harry might have been a Trump supporter
- Thomas Markle to Prince Harry: 'Never raise a hand' against Meghan
- Former TV presenter John Leslie leaves Edinburgh Sheriff Court
- Thomas Markle reveals Meghan has 'always wanted children'
- Horse is ruffled by group of 'hit and run' cyclists on main road
- Thomas Markle says Prince Harry was 'open to experiment' of Brexit
- Thomas Markle expresses regret at not giving Meghan away
- Thomas Markle reveals Meghan cried when he couldn't make wedding
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.