Lily Allen opens up about her producer mother's shocking encounter with Harvey Weinstein, claiming he was ‘pleasuring himself' in the screening room during a Meg Ryan nude scene
- British singer claimed disgraced Weinstein pleasured himself in front of her TV producer mother Alison Owen
- Speaking to Australia's Andrew Denton Interview, Allen, 33, admitted Owen had worked with Weinstein 'on several occasions' before the alleged incident
- The singer claimed the encounter took place at a private screening of In The Cut in 2003
- 'She heard this grunting noise from behind her... it was Harvey pleasuring himself, she said
- Owen had previously recalled the alleged incident during an interview with BBC Radio 4's PM in 2017
Lily Allen has recalled her film producer mother's alleged encounter with disgraced Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, 14 years before he faced historic allegations of rape, sexual assault and sexual abuse from more than 80 women
Talking to Australia's Andrew Denton's Interview, the British singer, 33, reiterated Alison Owen's claim that Weinstein pleasured himself as they attended a private screening of provocative 2003 drama In The Cut.
'My mum’s worked quite closely with Harvey, she’s done several films with him, and once they were looking at working with a particular director, Jane Campion,' she said.
Looking back: Lily Allen has recalled her film producer mother's alleged encounter with disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein
'She’d just done a film with Meg Ryan called In The Cut and it was the first time Meg had ever done nudity.
'It was just my mum and Harvey in a screening room, and just when Meg Ryan was getting her clothes off she heard this grunting noise from behind her.
'It was Harvey pleasuring himself, in a dark room, with my mum sitting in front of him.
'She kept working with him. I guess that goes to show how powerful he was, that she didn’t feel like she could say anything.'
Controversy: The British singer, 33, reiterated mum Alison Owen's claim that Weinstein pleasured himself as they attended a private screening of celebrated director Jane Campion's provocative 2003 drama In The Cut
Owen, 57, whose film credits include Shaun of the Dead, Saving Mr. Banks and The Other Boleyn Girl, had previously recalled the alleged incident during an interview with BBC Radio 4's PM in 2017.
‘I had a couple of experiences where he proved himself to be a bit of a sleazeball,' she said. ‘That was no surprise – that was his reputation in the industry.
‘When we sat down to watch [In The Cut] it was soon apparent why he wanted to see it. Meg Ryan has a rock-solid “no nudity” clause in her movies and had never taken her clothes off until this film.
Disgraced: Weinstein facs accusations of rape, sexual assault and sexual abuse from more than 80 women
‘Harvey immediately started talking to the projectionist, asking him to move it on to get to the bit where she gets her t**s out…
'His breath was getting shorter and shorter, he was ranting more and more and I wondered what was going on back there.'
She added: 'It crossed my mind that he was masturbating. I wasn’t myself abused. If he was doing it, it was to Meg Ryan’s breasts. It made me feel certainly that he couldn’t care less what I thought about him.’
Colleagues: Lily revealed her mother had 'worked quite closely with Harvey, she’s done several films with him' (Pictured: Alison Owen (L) the late actor John Hart (C) and Harvey Weinstein (R)
Lily recently revealed she was sexually abused by a professional in the music industry and claimed no one helped her when she reported it.
The singer said she did not feel comfortable speaking about the experience and suggested it was hushed up by her record label.
'I've had things happen that I would feel uncomfortable talking about because they're linked with lots of people I work with,' she told i News. 'People who are in control of things that affect me.'
'But like Rose McGowan [Harvey Weinstein's accuser], I reported it to people around me – women – and no one did anything.
'My record label have a list of priority acts, pretty much all of which have a link to the person who did something to me. I know what will happen. They'll say, 'Let's try and get rid of Lily because this person is worth more to us because he makes us lots of money.'
Claim: Lily recently revealed she was sexually abused by a professional in the music industry and claimed no one helped her when she reported it
The mother-of-two said she would never escape the person who abused her due to the lengthy contracts within the industry.
She said: 'In film and TV, you can choose not to work with any of those people again. You can move country, move out of London to LA. You can't do that in music.
Lily is signed to the Warner Bros label, and released her fourth album, No Shame, in June.
She is divorced from her builder husband Sam Cooper, father of her two children, and is now dating rapper and MC Meridian Dan.
Most watched News videos
- Becky Vardy heads to Volgograd for England's first World Cup game
- Love Island's Jack drops spoiler that Dr Alex finally gets a snog
- Spencer Matthews gets in some dad training with Binky's daughter
- Olympian Beth Tweddle on Channel 4's The Jump before her injury
- Ayda Field says she's 'faked it' with Robbie Williams
- Ant McPartlin admits he's 'let himself down' outside court
- 'Dirty Den' Leslie Grantham visits EastEnders museum display in 2010
- Adele sings along to 'Lean on Me' at Grenfell Tower memorial
- Woman suffering from hair loss say they feel 'confident'
- Gloria Hunniford slams claims Dale Winton committed suicide
- Michelle Keegan's family cheers as they watch her on TV
- People pay respects on anniversary of Grenfell tragedy
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.