If you are an aspiring athlete, you probably know the need to eat right. Fueling workouts and regimes with the right food makes a big difference. Here are 12 healthy food options for athletes, with snacks included.
- Quinoa. Considered to be a complex carb with adequate amount of protein, this is a must-have for every meal.
- Oatmeal. This should be ideal inclusion for breakfast, as oatmeal gives you the right amount of carbs without going overboard.
- Bananas. No matter whether it’s before the workout or as a snack, bananas pack in enough potassium and carbs needed for energy.
- Berries. Talk of snacks, and you have berries, which are high in antioxidants and are great for any athlete.
- Sweet potatoes. Rich in carbs, sweet potatoes also contain antioxidant beta-carotene, considered ideal for athletes.
- Salmon. Eating lean sources of protein is important for those involved in physical activities, and salmon and tuna just fit the bill.
- Seeds and nuts. Snacking on seeds and nuts gives the right amount of healthy fats. Think of chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds and walnuts.
- Chicken and turkey. Chicken and turkey breast are great sources of lean regular protein and should be included for lunches.
- Soy. If you are not a fan of meat, soy products can work as replacements. Tofu is a great source of vegan protein for athletes.
- Eggs. Of course, you cannot have a list of food for athletes without eggs – the powerhouse of protein. If you cannot balance a meal with the right inclusions, you can get protein meals delivered
- Cruciferous veggies. Including more cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and bokchoy in every meal is recommended for most athletes.
- Olive and coconut oil. As an athlete, one must also consume healthy fats, and nothing beats olive oil and virgin coconut oil in that department.
Are you eating right?