Maya Jama opens up about her surprisingly low-key home life with Stormzy - from dancing in the kitchen to Love Island marathons and nightly prayers
- Radio 1 presenter, 23, opened up about life at couple's west London home
- Day starts with music and she dances in kitchen rather than hitting the gym
- She and Stormzy, 24, try to limit phone use to two hours in the day at home
- Loves watching reality TV shows such as Love Island and Ex On The Beach
They like to keep their relationship as private as possible, but Radio 1 presenter Maya Jama has given fans a rare and candid insight into life with her boyfriend Stormzy at their west London home.
Maya, 23, who has been dating the grime artist - real name Michael Omari Owuo, Jr, 24, - for three years, revealed that the day always starts with music and that she dances round the kitchen while making breakfast in place of a morning workout.
She told the Sunday Times Magazine that the pair try not to spend too much time glued to their devices when they're at home, saying: 'We've tried to set a two-hour limit, but that's difficult when it's your main contact for work and friends.'
In the evenings, it's a reality TV marathon with Maya admitting to loving shows such as Love Island and Ex on the beach.
'As soon as I get home the telly goes on,' she said.
She added that the day finishes with prayer, saying: 'I do believe in God and I pray every night. I also list all the things I'm thankful for, all the good things and good people in my life.'
Scroll down for video
Radio 1 presenter Maya Jama has given fans a rare and candid insight into life with her boyfriend Stormzy at their west London home
The presenter opened up about nightly prayers and her love of reality shows such as Love Island and Ex on the Beach
Her comments put paid to reports earlier this year that she was looking for a new home in South London amid ongoing rumours of relationship woes.
Sources said the presenter was fed up with their flat being 'full of his mates playing Xbox, smoking and ordering takeaways at all hours.'
However, the pair shrugged off the reports and appear to be stronger than ever.
Maya has been dating Stormzy for three years - with the pair first choosing to keep their relationship private, before going public as an item in 2016.
The couple have been dating for three years and Stormzy has previously spoken about his plans to propose
The beauty went on to appear in his music video for Big For Your Boots, and the musician even dedicated his track Birthday Girl to Maya on her 22nd birthday - a gift she gushed would 'last forever'.
Proving the couple to be the real deal, the Shut Up star even admitted he was keen to marry the model in the future.
He told the Sunday Mirror in February: 'I'm still so young but I want to propose, it's going to happen and I will do it right. She is so sick, she is the best.
Most watched News videos
- Love Island's Alex and Jack have hilarious discussion about crêpes
- Jamie Laing shares video in men's toilets at Mackintosh-Taylor wedding
- Olivia Attwood jokes that she faked being in love while in villa
- Zara Holland slams Miss GB replacement 'You don't deserve it'
- Love Island's Jack drops spoiler that Dr Alex finally gets a snog
- Zara Holland says she wasn't told she couldn't have sex on TV
- ITV airs 'in loving memory' tribute to Love Island star Sophie Gradon
- Ant McPartlin looks shaken and unsteady after car crash in London
- Ant McPartlin arrives at court with Anne-Marie Corbett in April
- Lisa Armstrong seen for first time since Ant's new love revealed
- Ant heads to rehab with Anne-Marie after drink drive charge
- Dan Cross tells how he heard his wife's murder down the phone
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.