Smiling side by side, Ant McPartlin's wife and his PA lover - as estranged Lisa Armstrong seeks £50million to set up a new life in LA
- Ant McPartlin’s estranged wife Lisa Armstrong is devastated by her husband starting up a relationship with his former PA Anne-Marie Corbett
- She feels ‘betrayed’ by Miss Corbett, 42, who split from her husband in October
- Miss Armstrong is looking to receive around £50million in the upcoming divorce
Cuddling toddlers and smiling after a happy day at a christening, they look like the best of friends.
Nine years on, however, the relationship between Ant McPartlin’s estranged wife Lisa Armstrong and Anne-Marie Corbett is very different.
Miss Armstrong, 41, has been devastated by the ITV star’s new relationship with their former personal assistant.
Lisa Armstrong (right) and Anne-Marie Corbett hugging friends' children at a christening in 2009
Ant McPartlin with Miss Corbett walking his dog in London after a stint in rehab
She is said to feel ‘betrayed’ by Miss Corbett, 42, who split from her own husband only in October.
The pair look close in the newly uncovered picture, smiling for the camera and enjoying a glass of wine after the christening service at a church. Both seemed relaxed as they held friends’ daughters on their laps.
Miss Corbett is understood to have been helping McPartlin, 42, since his drink-drive arrest in March. The assistant is also said to have a good friendship with Ali Astall, wife of McPartlin’s presenting partner Declan Donnelly.
Miss Armstrong, a make-up artist on Strictly Come Dancing, has criticised her former friend Miss Corbett on Twitter. She claimed to have found out about her estranged husband’s new relationship only through media coverage.
Meanwhile, McPartlin has reportedly offered his wife their £12million West London home in an effort to come to their divorce agreement as smoothly as possible. According to The Sun, the presenter wants to settle their split ‘quickly and painlessly’.
Miss Armstrong is seen arriving at Los Angeles International Airport
Relations between the pair are thought to have worsened in recent weeks, following the emergence of his new romance. After McPartlin’s arrest on March 18, when his black Mini caused a three-car pile-up in West London, Miss Corbett accompanied him to a police station. She was later at his court hearing, where he admitted drink-driving and was fined £86,000.
Since news of the relationship emerged, Miss Armstrong has overhauled her look with a bleached blonde hairstyle.
She is reportedly planning a new life in Los Angeles, and is looking to receive around £50million in the upcoming divorce. This would include half of McPartlin’s fortune and their marital home.
Following his drink-drive shame, McPartlin checked himself in for treatment after revealing his battle with drink and prescription painkillers. He has also stepped down his TV commitments, with his long-time colleague Donnelly presenting live episodes of Britain’s Got Talent and Ant And Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway alone.
Most watched News videos
- Love Island's Alex and Jack have hilarious discussion about crêpes
- Jamie Laing shares video in men's toilets at Mackintosh-Taylor wedding
- PDSA advert warns of the dangers of dogs left trapped in hot cars
- Shocking moment moped gang 'try to attack' mother and child
- Ant McPartlin looks shaken and unsteady after car crash in London
- Love Island's Jack drops spoiler that Dr Alex finally gets a snog
- Ant McPartlin arrives home with Anne-Marie after drink drive crash
- Reading Uni scores zero points in University Challenge
- John Leslie speaks after being cleared of sexual assault
- 1989: Cecil Parkinson and his wife arrive at Downing Street
- Olympian Beth Tweddle on Channel 4's The Jump before her injury
- Moment Ant McPartlin emerges from his Mini after car crash
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.