Josh Brolin is 'appropriately nervous' about becoming father again... but 'excited' for third child
Josh Brolin can't wait to 'sit and slobber' with his new baby.
The 50-year-old actor - who already has Eden, 24, and Trevor, 30, with first wife Alice Adair - is expecting a child with wife Kathryn Boyd and though he is 'appropriately nervous' about becoming a dad again, he's 'excited' about the new arrival because he loves the company of youngsters.
He told Entertainment Tonight: 'I'm always excited about kids. I prefer being around kids. You know, they have the imagination. They're fun.
'I'm always excited about kids': Josh Brolin says he is 'appropriately nervous' about becoming a dad again (pictured with wife Kathryn Boyd)
'I've heard other people be like, "Kid's sitting there, he's staring at nothing, he's slobbering, like, what's the point?" The point is to sit there and slobber with him. That's the point.'
And the Sicario: Day of the Soldado actor's stepmother, Barbra Streisand - who is married to Josh's dad James Brolin - is very excited about the new addition to the family and calls 'every day' asking for updates.
Josh said: 'The kid has a great Jewish grandmother and she's appropriately manifesting like she should.
'She's into it, she calls every day, she follows the app. It's amazing. It's amazing.
Love is in the air! Brolin and Kathryn married in 2016, and are welcoming their first child together (pictured this month in New York)
'She calls everyday': Brolin said his stepmother, Barbra Streisand is very excited about the new addition to the family, and calls 'every day' asking for updates (pictured 2010 in Hollywood with James Brolin)
'Look, it could've been the opposite and it's not so we love that people are involved, family's involved, friends are involved. It's a good thing.'
When it comes to his own relationship, the Deadpool 2 star - who was also previously married to Diane Lane - hopes it will be as successful as his dad's third marriage, to Barbra.
He said: 'You know, my dad, like myself, has been married before and for some reason this just clicked and it just made sense from the beginning.
'You never know, you have your fluctuations in a relationship and after 20 years, they're looking at us going, 'Can you believe it's 20 years? I can't believe it's 20 years. So, we hope the same for us.'
'We hope the same for us': When it comes to his own relationship, the Deadpool 2 star - who was also previously married to Diane Lane - hopes it will be as successful as his dad's third marriage, to Barbra
Most watched News videos
- Mother bear is run over by train attempting to protect its cubs
- Alison Hammond screams hysterically on child rollercoaster
- Cat is stunned as it sees snake for the first time at vet
- Girl loses control of pram and sends younger sister flying
- Shocking moment puppy 'trapped' inside hot truck for 40 minutes
- Lioness 'hugs and kisses' foolhardy tourists at Crimean Safari park
- 79 year old priest talks relationship with 25 year old model
- Surveillance video shows man forcibly kissing female server
- 'GET OUT!' Angry white woman repeatedly hits black teen at pool
- Two drug dealers sentenced to death by Chinese court
- Horrifying moment two men are sucked to death in Niagara river
- Woman slips and is hit by car after running across road in heels
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.