Designer Christian Siriano and his husband Brad Walsh reveal they have split - less than two years after tying the knot in a star-studded ceremony at their Connecticut summer home
- Christian, 32, and Brad, 36, have broken up almost two years after their July 2016 wedding at their Danbury, Connecticut summer home
- Brad, a singer and music producer, took to Instagram Stories on Monday to announce that he and his husband separated a little more than month ago
- The pair had been together for 11 years and 'love each other very much', a rep for Christian said in a statement
- A-listers such as Alicia Silverstone, Christina Hendricks, and Kelly Osbourne attended their wedding in 2016
Christian Siriano and his husband Brad Walsh have separated after almost two years of marriage.
Brad, 36, took to Instagram Stories on Monday to announce that he and Christian, 32, split a little more than a month ago.
'Bit more than a month ago my husband and I separated,' Brad, a singer and music producer, wrote.
Split: Christian Siriano (left) and his husband Brad Walsh (right) have separated after almost two years of marriage. They are pictured on their wedding day in July 2016
Message: Brad, 36, took to Instagram Stories on Monday to announce that he and Christian, 32, split a bit more than a month ago
Split: Brad (right) and Christian (left) had been together for 11 years. They are pictured in April 2016 during the Shorty Awards in New York City
'I was contacted by a writer for a website who somehow found out, so rather than let them break it, I'm telling you myself.
'It's nobody's business and I don't want to discuss, but that's what up.'
A rep for Christian confirmed the split, telling Page Six in a statement: 'They were together for 11 years, love each other very much and request privacy at this time.'
Christian and Brad married in July 2016 at their Danbury, Connecticut summer home.
During the ceremony, both grooms wore all-black tuxedos by David Hart. They were surrounded by 12 attendants all dressed in white gowns — designed, naturally, by Christian.
The grooms changed for the reception, during which Brad wore a floral suit while Christian remained in black.
Break-up: A rep for Christian has confirmed the split. Brad (right) and Christian (left) are pictured in November 2009 during Christian's surprise birthday party in New York City
The pair wrote their own vows but exchanged longer letters privately, preferring to keep the ceremony short, Brides reported at the time.
They asked all of their guests to come dressed in white just like their wedding party.
'Since there was no bride, we wanted our best friends to wear white gowns, all from Christian Siriano, of course, as they stood by our sides during the ceremony,' they told the publication.
'Then it became a fun idea for the whole event to be a white wedding.'
Actress Kristen Johnston officiated the ceremony, while A-listers such as Alicia Silverstone, Christina Hendricks, and Kelly Osbourne attended the occasion.
Orange Is The New Black star Danielle Brooks even gave a stunning performance of Rihannah's Drunk On Love, leaving 'the entire wedding party was in tears before the ceremony even started', according to the pair.
'It went off without a hitch,' Brad and Christian said not long after the bash.
Reception: Brad (right) and Christian (left) were surrounded by their loved ones as they had their first taste of wedding cake
Paperwork: Brad previously shared this photo of himself and Christian 'solemnly swearing the information on [their] marriage license application is accurate'
Friends: Christian (left) posed with (from left to right) Alicia Silverstone, John Halbach, Kit Williamson, and Christina Hendricks during the star-studded wedding bash
'We both managed to eat a lot of food, thankfully, as the advice from all our married friends was to make it a point to eat otherwise you never will.'
Christian and Brad were known to live together in an apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.
As a music producer, Brad, a native New Yorker, has earned fame for his remixes of pop classics, such as Lady Gaga's Monster, Britney Spears' Womanizer, and Taylor Swift's Bad Blood.
Christian, who was born in Annapolis, Maryland and moved to New York City to pursue a career in fashion, has become a New York Fashion Week fixture, regularly turning heads with his glamorous designs.
He has become one of the voices of inclusivity in fashion, featuring models of various body types, genders, and ethnicities on his runway.
When Brad turned 36 earlier this month, Christian took to Instagram to wish him a happy birthday.
He shared a photo of Brad by himself, writing in the caption: 'Happy birthday to this creative, talented and inspiring person who gives so much to our world. @bradwalsh. Send him some love today.'
While Brad used to frequently share photos of himself with Christian, he hasn't done so in a while. His last photo of the two of them together dates back to mid-May.
Most watched News videos
- Shocking CCTV shows man moments before he sexual assaulted woman
- Dawn Sturgess captured on CCTV hours before 'Novichok' poisoning
- Sweden players are woken up by FIRE ALARM at their hotel
- Dash cam captures carpark crash that has divided the internet
- 'Football is NOT coming home': Noel Gallagher irritates fans at concert
- Dustbin lorry stuck in melted road in Newbury
- Shocking moment man films himself being SHOT in the face during argument
- White pool manager calls 911 on black couple for wearing socks
- Harry Kane spends time with fans after England's historic victory
- Police arrest Benjamin Hovan the Casselberry rape suspect
- Couple say they've decided to show the World Cup at their wedding
- Moment flash floods rush through Tunbridge Wells, Kent