EXCLUSIVE: Heather Locklear has been placed on a 5250 psych hold at UCLA after downing a bottle of tequila, crashing her Porsche into a pylon on the grounds of her mansion, getting arrested on police battery charges and then overdosing on pills
- Heather Locklear, 56, was arrested on Sunday after crashing her Porsche into a pylon on the grounds of her mansion in Thousand Oaks, California
- She is now believed to be in a psychiatric ward at UCLA medical center on a 5250 psychiatric hold, which can last 14 days and includes a five-day detox
- A source close to the actress told DailyMail.com that police were called to her home twice, at 6pm and again at midnight when she tried to drive away drunk
- Locklear was leaving a detox center Sunday morning when she purchased a bottle of tequila 'on the ride home'
- It is understood that the star had been with a sobriety minder at the time
- 'That person was obviously with her Sunday. She needs a divorce from tequila, that's what she needs,' the source said
- She was released on Monday morning but was rushed to hospital a little over six hours later after allegedly taking an overdose
- Locklear's arrest comes a week after she was arrested for Locklear for allegedly choking her mother Diane, 85, and threatening to shoot herself
Heather Locklear, 56, was arrested on Sunday after downing a bottle of tequila crashing her Porsche into a pylon on the grounds of her mansion in Thousand Oaks, California
Heather Locklear was arrested on Sunday night after downing a bottle of tequila and crashing her Porsche into a pylon on the grounds of her California mansion, DailyMail.com can reveal.
The troubled actress, 56, then attacked the cops when they arrived to calm her down and was arrested and booked into Ventura County Jail on police battery charges.
She was released on Monday morning but was rushed to hospital a little over six hours later after allegedly taking an overdose.
Locklear is now believed to be inside a psychiatric ward at Los Angeles's UCLA medical center and has been placed on a 5250 psychiatric hold, which lasts for up to 14 days and includes a five-day detox as well as mental evaluation.
A source close to the actress told DailyMail.com: 'The night [of the arrest], she was so hammered. The police came Sunday at six and then left.
'When they came back at midnight, it was because she tried leaving, she tried driving out in her Porsche. She smashed her Porsche into a pylon in her gate.'
The source said Locklear couldn't make it off the grounds because 'she was so wasted.'
Locklear was taken to hospital before being booked into the Ventura County Jail at 2am and now faces two misdemeanor charges of battery on a peace officer. Above she is pictured leaving the facility on Monday morning
She was released on Monday morning but was rushed to hospital a little over six hours later after allegedly taking an overdose
Ventura County Sheriff's Office sources confirmed to DailyMail.com that the 911 callout came as a result of a 'disturbance' at Locklear's lavish Thousand Oaks mansion.
Sunday's arrest comes exactly a week after Locklear was cuffed and taken to hospital after choking her mother Diane, 85, and threatening to shoot herself.
After being released from hospital on Tuesday June 19, the troubled Melrose Place star allegedly checked into a detox center but checked herself out again after completing just two days of a five-day program.
On the way home from the detox center on Sunday morning, she purchased a bottle of tequila which she drank before later attempting to drive off in her Porsche.
Locklear is understood to have been with a sobriety minder at the time. 'They hang out with you, try and keep you off the booze,' a source close to the Melrose Place star told DailyMail.com.
'But the bottom line is, you can do whatever you want when you're a celeb. They try talking you out of it and then they call the police if they feel they're in danger, if they feel you're in danger.
'They gave her a ride home [from the detox center] – obviously picked up a bottle of tequila on the ride home and off to the races she went Sunday.
The star's (pictured left in her February mugshot) arrest comes a week after her mother called the police to report Locklear was threatening to shoot herself. Locklear was arrested in 2008 (right) for driving under the influence
Locklear apparently smashed her Porsche (pictured in 2008) into a pylon in her gate while trying to leave her property
'That person was obviously with her Sunday. She needs a divorce from tequila, that's what she needs.'
When police responded to a disturbance call at the residence at midnight, an angry Locklear allegedly punched a police officer who attempted to separate her from her family and kicked an EMT who was attempting to strap her to a gurney.
She was taken to hospital before being booked into the Ventura County Jail at 2am and now faces two misdemeanor charges of battery on a peace officer.
Released from jail just after 9am on Monday morning, emergency services were called back to her home at 3pm after the actress allegedly 'threatened to take some pills', according to a source with knowledge of the incident.
Friends and family are now desperate for the 56-year-old to get help and are hoping she will become the subject of a State of California conservatorship which means being forced to get treatment for her alcoholism and pill addiction.
Monday's alleged overdose caps a troubled six months for Locklear who is facing court in August over another drunken altercation in February.
On that occasion, a source at the Ventura Police Department told DailyMail.com at the time, a 'wasted' Locklear had flown into a rage and 'practically bit the tip' off boyfriend Chris Heisser's nose.
When police arrived at the address, an enraged Locklear became angrier still and punched a female deputy, while calling her a 'c***'.
Locklear was arrested in February after flying into a rage and 'practically bit the tip' off boyfriend Chris Heisser's (pictured) nose
Police were called to her Thousand Oaks property on Sunday twice - at 6pm and again at midnight when she tried to drive away drunk
A search warrant prepared by Deputy Keith Hall adds that Locklear claimed the fight began when Heisser 'lied to her, and she threw a can of Red Bull at him'.
Hall went on: 'She then told an officer that [Heisser] had strangled her and that she was afraid he would kill her.
'Locklear stated she did not lose consciousness but was strangled for a long time and thought she might pass out.'
Locklear was taken to hospital before being booked into the Ventura County Jail at 1am on a single count of felony domestic battery and four counts of misdemeanor battery on a peace officer.
Heisser, 56, was also booked in less than an hour later for DUI after being picked up driving erratically by the California Highway Patrol.
The domestic violence charge was later dropped but Locklear still faces trial on police battery charges and has temporarily been banned from possessing firearms.
She is now believed to be in a psychiatric ward at UCLA medical center on a 5250 psychiatric hold, which can last 14 days and includes a five-day detox and a mental evaluation
Her residence has also been declared a 'hazard' by Ventura County emergency services because of previous threats to shoot at cops.
Although Locklear spent two months in rehab following the February incident and was seen attending an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in May with Heisser, she was arrested again on June 17.
On that occasion, it was her mother who called 911, telling the operator that the former Melrose Place actress was acting 'erratically', was being violent and was threatening to kill herself.
A Ventura County Fire Department report obtained by DailyMail.com described the situation as being a 'suicidal who is violent'.
It added: 'Hazard on file for this address. Resident has threatened to shoot deputies and has one handgun registered to her.'
Most watched News videos
- Ambulance arrives at hospital as first two Thai football boys rescued
- Amaryllis Fox spotted at rehearsal dinner for wedding to RFK III
- Shocking moment man films himself being SHOT in the face during argument
- Moment flash floods rush through Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Billionaires got fine £80 for parking luxurious cars in London
- White pool manager calls 911 on black couple for wearing socks
- Shocking CCTV shows man moments before he sexual assaulted woman
- Sweden players are woken up by FIRE ALARM at their hotel
- Dash cam captures carpark crash that has divided the internet
- Couple say they've decided to show the World Cup at their wedding
- Frank Skinner puts T-shirt over his head and sings 'Three Lions'
- Police arrest Benjamin Hovan the Casselberry rape suspect