Katharine McPhee's father passes away... weeks after her David Foster engagement
Katharine McPhee's father unexpectedly passed away Sunday.
The 34-year-old star shared the news on Instagram in a post dedicated to her dad.
The star, who she's engaged to David Foster, 68, posted a photo of her and her dad with the caption, 'I can't believe I'm even writing this....But it is with heavy heart that I share that my sweet sweet Papa left this earth yesterday morning.'
Sad news: Katharine McPhee, 34, announced Monday night that her father had passed away on Sunday
She went on, 'We as a family are completely heartbroken and devastated. He was my biggest fan, my biggest champion, always telling me to 'Give em hell kid!' He was so kind and caring and made sure we knew how much he loved us.'
'Not sure my heart will ever be the same. I'm so sad he missed my broadway debut. But when I return to the stage next week I hope he can watch it in peace and from up above.'¬†
'Thank you to all my friends who've been so loving and supportive these last 48 hours. I love you Papa. I already miss you so much. This hurts,' the California native continued.
Touching post: The brunette beauty shared a photo of her and her dad with the caption, 'I can't believe I'm even writing this....But it is with heavy heart that I share that my sweet sweet Papa left this earth yesterday morning'
The sad news comes just days after Katharine¬†accepted a proposal from Foster during a Italian getaway.
And Katharine and David were seen touching down in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The actress was clad in a simple black wrap top and a gold skirt as she headed home with her new fianc√©.¬†
Newly-engaged:¬†Katharine and David were seen touching down in Los Angeles on Saturday
David spoke out about his engagement to Access Live; he said: 'We're all great, we're all happy,'
'And you know, for some reason, the two of us, one plus one makes four instead of two. So it seems like it's interesting news to people, so we're just gonna roll with it,' he added.
David proposed earlier this month to Katharine while they were on vacation together in Capri, Italy.¬†¬†
Fifth marriage: David, shown with daughters Erin and Sara in June 2016 in Los Angeles, has been married four times previously and has five daughters and seven grandchildren
Most watched News videos
- Bikies filmed hitting car that allegedly collided with a rider
- The streets of Alcudia in Mallorca are flooded by mini-tsunami
- Brigitte Macron all smiles as she raises World Cup with France team
- Sharks feast on huge whale carcass off popular surf beach
- Courageous woman hides victim from kidnappers till cops arrive
- Love Island TEASER: Georgia gets anxious as she could be kicked off
- Brave lion cub forced to jump into raging river to follow mother
- Moment off-duty cop shoots armed motorbike thief dead
- CVS manager calls cops on black woman trying to use coupon
- Shocking moment young girl is attacked by golden eagle
- Moment cops on duty do Fortnite's Floss dance at Little Mix concert
- Shocking video shows driver knocking cyclists off their bikes
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.