TALK OF THE TOWN: Britpop rivalry just won't die as Noel Gallagher and Blur's Damon Albarn square up outside trendy club
Oasis singer Noel Gallagher and his old Blur frontman rival Damon Albarn claim to have drawn a line under Britpop’s longest running feud – but it doesn’t look much like it to me.
This snap, taken outside a gig at a sweaty East London club last week, shows the pair squaring up for a far-from-friendly, finger-jabbing confrontation.
My mole spotted the pair, below, who have been sworn enemies since their battle for the No 1 single spot in 1995, appearing to eyeball each other after a couple of beers on a hot night at a Youth Of The Apocalypse concert at Xoyo in Shoreditch.
Noel - pictured onstage in Budapest - was seen squaring up to the Blur singer outside a club in Shoreditch, east London
- It's Love Island… but not as we know it. ITV is planning a new version of the hit show – dubbed Love Island For Oldies – featuring eight senior singles with a combined age of more than 400. I can reveal they include former WAG Lizzie Cundy, 48, weather girl Sian Lloyd, 59, and property guru Ingrid Tarrant, 63, below, who are sent to a Greek island to look for love. Ingrid said: ‘It’s not too late. There are gorgeous men out there.’
- Ingrid’s ex-husband Chris Tarrant tells me he refused to watch his old TV show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? when Jeremy Clarkson hosted it for a week last month. A tad bitter, Chris?
Most watched News videos
- Brave lion cub forced to jump into raging river to follow mother
- Zoom, the new social video challenge putting kids and pets at risk
- Love Island TEASER: Georgia gets anxious as she could be kicked off
- Shocking video shows driver knocking cyclists off their bikes
- Moment off-duty cop shoots armed motorbike thief dead
- 'It's a find of a lifetime': Archaeologist Dr Clíodhna Ní Lionáin
- Sharks feast on huge whale carcass off popular surf beach
- CVS manager calls cops on black woman trying to use coupon
- Shocking moment young girl is attacked by golden eagle
- The streets of Alcudia in Mallorca are flooded by mini-tsunami
- Beach in Ciutadella Menorca hit by mini-tsunami 'rissaga'
- Expressive sign language interpreter translates metal at concert