Will Erdem design Meghan’s wedding dress? Fashion insiders tip Kate’s favourite designer for the big job – after the British brand announced an expansion to its publicity team
- Erdem has new PR manager, which could be in preparation of royal wedding
- The designer, who was born in Canada, would be a fitting choice for Meghan
- Former Suits actress, 36, previously wore designer at wedding in Jamaica
Fashion insiders are tipping British brand Erdem to design Meghan's wedding dress -after the label announced that it is expanding its media team.
The designer - who is a favourite of the Duchess of Cambridge - has appointed a full-time publicity manager, which may be in preparation for an influx of media requests.
Erdem Moralioglu, who was born in Canada, would be a fitting choice for Meghan, who may wish to make a nod to her former home.
The former Suits actress, 36, previously wore the designer when she attended the wedding of a friend of Prince Harry in Jamaica.
Fashion insiders believe that British brand Erdem may be designing Meghan's wedding dress, after the label announced it's expanding its publicity team
The fashion brand is a celebrity favourite, with the likes of Alexa Chung, Jessica Chastain and Lily James wearing his designs in the past.
Princess Eugenie chose a frock by the designer for her engagement pictures earlier this year, while Pippa Middleton has also worn the brand in the past.
Erdem's feminine creations and fondness of lace could make him the perfect choice for Meghan's wedding gown.
It comes after bookmakers Ladbrokes suspended bets on British designer Ralph & Russo amid speculation that Meghan had chosen the brand for her wedding dress.
The designer is one of the Duchess of Cambridge's favourites, having worn the brand on a number of occasions. She is pictured wearing a cream frock by Erdem in 2017
Erdem's feminine creations and fondness of lace could make him the perfect choice
Rival bookies Paddy Power previously suspended betting on Alexander McQueen being the dress designer, after a flurry of bets.
Meghan has previously hinted at what her wedding dress might look like, after describing her ideal gown as 'classic and simple'.
Speaking in an interview with Glamour in March 2016, before her romance with Harry emerged, Meghan said: 'Classic and simple is the name of the game, perhaps with a modern twist.
'I personally prefer wedding dresses that are whimsical or subtly romantic.'
Meghan also explained that she would not choose a gown like the Anne Barge wedding dress by her Suits character Rachel Zane in season 5.
'It's not my personal style, because I'm a lot more relaxed than Rachel but I love that I got to play dress up in this gown,' she said.
Designer Erdem Moralioglu (pictured), who was born in Canada, would be a fitting choice for Meghan, who may wish to make a nod to her former home
The brand is already a favourite with the royals, with Kate wearing Erdem during her tour of Norway and Sweden earlier this year (left). Princess Eugenie chose a frock by the designer for her engagement pictures (right)
Most watched News videos
- Shocking video shows driver knocking cyclists off their bikes
- Duchess of Rutland shows off daughter Eliza's singing talent
- Brave lion cub forced to jump into raging river to follow mother
- The streets of Alcudia in Mallorca are flooded by mini-tsunami
- Beach in Ciutadella Menorca hit by mini-tsunami 'rissaga'
- 'It's a find of a lifetime': Archaeologist Dr Clíodhna Ní Lionáin
- Moment off-duty cop shoots armed motorbike thief dead
- Model Annabelle Neilson walks the catwalk in 2010 fashion show
- White woman confronts mother playing outside with child
- Schwarzenegger criticizes 'wet noodle' Trump after Putin meeting
- Staff rant about autistic child heard on mother's voicemail
- Drowned woman and child found next to survivor clinging to wreck