EXCLUSIVE: 'I've wanted to act all my life': Poppy Delevingne admits she 'fell' into modelling and says she hasn't really asked sister Cara for advice in making the career transition
She's the older sister to famed model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne.
And in an interview with Daily Mail Australia in Sydney on Friday, model Poppy Delevingne revealed that her lifelong passion has always been to act.
The 32-year-old also said that she hasn't really asked her sibling for advice in making the career transition.
EXCLUSIVE: 'I've wanted to act all my life': Poppy Delevingne, 32, admitted to Daily Mail Australia on Friday that she 'fell' into modelling
'I'm filming a TV show in France,' Poppy said of her foray into acting, at the launch of her new bath collection with Jo Malone.
The statuesque star also said that she hasn't asked sister Cara for advice in making the career transition, as acting has always been her passion.
'Not really,' Poppy admitted, before continuing: 'I've wanted to act all my life, and I sort of just fell into modelling.'
It comes after the British-born star told the Sunday Telegraph's TV Guide that she hopes to one day be recognised as an actress, and not simply for being a 'socialite'.
Latest gig: 'I'm filming a TV show in France,' Poppy said of her foray into acting, at the launch of her new bath collection with Jo Malone in Sydney
'I never really sort of felt like I belonged, I was always that model who would sort-of walk on set and trip over the lighting and fall flat on my face,' Poppy told the publication.
Having battled with the 'socialite' tag, she said: 'It slightly undermines anything that I have ever done... I can't wait to the day when it's Poppy Delevingne actor, not socialite. It's a nothing word.'
Younger sister Cara, 25, made her transition from modelling to acting in 2015.
'Not really': The statuesque star also said that she hasn't asked sister Cara for advice in making the career transition, as acting has always been her passion
Cara, who has already starred in films Paper Towns and Suicide Squad, previously told The Straits Times, that she will not take on a role that requires her to only be a pretty face.
'All the roles that I've done so far - I chose them because they are all strong female roles, or because they're interesting characters,' she told the publication.
Cara added: 'I'd like to be like Meryl Streep, who manages to do so many different characters and do them all so well.'
Acting in the blood: Younger sister Cara, 25, made her transition from modelling to acting in 2015
Most watched News videos
- Shocking video shows driver knocking cyclists off their bikes
- Signalman speaks out over sacking after 44 years of service
- Brave lion cub forced to jump into raging river to follow mother
- The streets of Alcudia in Mallorca are flooded by mini-tsunami
- Beach in Ciutadella Menorca hit by mini-tsunami 'rissaga'
- 'It's a find of a lifetime': Archaeologist Dr Clíodhna Ní Lionáin
- Moment off-duty cop shoots armed motorbike thief dead
- Model Annabelle Neilson walks the catwalk in 2010 fashion show
- White woman confronts mother playing outside with child
- Staff rant about autistic child heard on mother's voicemail
- Duchess of Rutland shows off daughter Eliza's singing talent
- Drowned woman and child found next to survivor clinging to wreck