Kelly Brook breaks the strict style rules at Royal Ascot as she arrives in huge novelty football hat AND bares her shoulders in bardot dress
She was keen to take the spotlight on the first day of Royal Ascot on Tuesday.
But Kelly Brook managed to flout a number of style rules as she arrived for the opening of the five-day highlight in the racing calendar.
The model posed up a storm in a huge novelty hat, commissioned by bookmakers Ladbrokes to celebrate England's World Cup hopes.
Standing out from the crowd: Kelly Brook managed to flout a number of style rules as she arrived for the opening of Royal Ascot on Tuesday
The red and white number featured a mini England footballer perched in the middle of the headgear - clutching the World Cup.
With the mini sportsman surrounded by white feather detail, the hat made quite the statement.
Kelly teamed her flamboyant headgear with a chic red bardot dress, which showed off her hour-glass curves and tanned shoulders.
Showing her support: The model posed up a storm in a huge novelty hat, commissioned by bookmakers Ladbrokes to celebrate England's World Cup hopes
Simple black pumps and a slick of lippie were the finishing touches.
While Kelly stood out from the crowd, her choice of ensemble flouts the notoriously strict dress code for Royal Ascot.
A more relaxed dress code is in place for the Windsor enclosure, which means strapless dresses are allowed for the first time.
Football mad: The red and white number featured a mini England footballer perched in the middle of the headgear - clutching the World Cup
Va va voom: Kelly teamed her flamboyant headgear with a chic red bardot dress, which showed off her hour-glass curves and tanned shoulders
But if Kelly fancied mingling with the elite in the Royal Enclosure she would have been met with a set of much stricter rules which not only bans bardot and off-the-shoulder dresses but also fancy dress, novelty and promotional clothing of any kind.
Kelly is a regular at Ascot, but has also been keeping busy recently with her horticultural interests.
The multi-talented star hosted a gardening segment on last Thursday's episode of This Morning.
Barred: If Kelly fancied mingling with the elite in the Royal Enclosure she would have been met with a strict dress code which not only bans bardot dresses but also novelty clothing
Ascot: Royal Enclosure dress code
Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer.
• Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater.
• Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code.
• Trouser suits are welcome. They should be of full-length to the ankle and of matching material and colour.
• Jumpsuits are welcome. They should be of full-length to the ankle, with regulations matching that for dresses.
• Hats should be worn; however a headpiece which has a solid base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat.
• Ladies are kindly asked to note the following: • Strapless, off the shoulder, one shoulder, halter neck, bardot and spaghetti straps are not permitted.
• Midriffs must be covered.
• Fascinators are not permitted; neither are headpieces which do not have a solid base covering a sufficient area of the head (4 inches/10cm)
• Fancy dress, novelty and branded / promotional clothing are not allowed on site
• It is a requirement to wear either black or grey morning dress which must include:
• A waistcoat and tie (no cravats)
• A black or grey top hat
• Black shoes worn with socks A gentleman may remove his top hat within a restaurant, a private box, a private club or that facility’s terrace, balcony or garden.
• The customisation of top hats (with, for example, coloured ribbons or bands) is not permitted in the Royal Enclosure.
Ultra chic: Kate Garraway wowed on day one of Royal Ascot in a white and blush trouser suit
Looking fab: The Good Morning Britain presenter added a wide-brimmed feather adorned hat
Matching her surroundings: Kate's GMB co-host Charlotte Hawkins chose a fifties style emerald dress and chic fascinator
Offering viewers tips on how to keep their flowers in bloom and their grass green, the 38-year-old presenter offered an informative talk, yet it was the innuendos that got fans talking.
Kelly has swapped her glamour girl days for more wholesome lifestyle after relocating to the country with her boyfriend Jeremy Parisi.
Speaking about her change of lifestyle, Kelly said: 'I think I make the best of myself because it’s my job. I get my hair done and stay fit and look after myself.
Star-studded: Joining Kelly at the event were a number of big names - including Love Island's Georgia Harrison (above)
Standing out: Attending on behalf of online retailer Lipsy, Georgia caught the eye in a chic nude dress that accentuated her slender frame, and black strappy heels
'I don’t think I let myself go. When I’m at home on the farm it’s completely different, I go for three days without cleaning my teeth.'
Joining Kelly at the event were a number of big names - including Love Island's Georgia Harrison and Made In Chelsea's Emily Blackwell.
Attending on behalf of online retailer Lipsy, Georgia caught the eye in a chic nude dress that accentuated her slender frame.
Ladies in lace: Georgia was joined by E4 star Emily Blackwell (L), who posed beside a co-ordinating Elle Clancy (R)
The Love Island star teamed the frock - adorned with buckles at the waist and a flippy hem - added to her race-day look with a pair of strappy black heels.
Georgia was joined by E4 star Emily, who opted for a contrasting powder blue dress with sheer detailing at the neck and all-over floral embellishments.
A striking monochrome fascinator added to her look, while barely-there black heels - a recurring feature amongst female attendees on the day - rounded things off.
Joining the girls was model Elle Clancy, 18, who opted for a striking pink variation on Emily's dress, teamed with a matching pink hair bow.
Tuesday blues: Emily opted for a contrasting powder blue dress with sheer detailing at the neck and all-over floral embellishments
Finishing touches: A striking monochrome fascinator added to Emily's look, while barely-there black heels rounded things off as she joined Elle in front of cameras
Feeling good: The girls proved to be in good spirits as they laughed and joked beside the paddock
Think pink: Elle, 18, opted for a striking pink variation on Emily's dress, teamed with a matching hair bow (L) while Georgie Clarke showed off her leggy frame in a nude embellished maxi (R)
Say cheese: Georgia beamed as she caught up with Georgie at the event
The younger sister of Abbey Clancy drew attention to her naturally striking features with a loose tousled hairstyle and bronzed make-up look as she posed.
All three were in high spirits as they mingled with guests at the event, which also included Leonie Atlanta and Survival of the Fittest star Georgie Clarke.
The willowy blonde claimed her own share of attention in a fitted pink dress with white embellishments and a daring thigh-high slash.
Racegoers sipped on beer, wine and bottle of Champagne as the action got underway at the five-day meeting - the jewel in the crown of the British racing season.
Girls' day out: Emily, Elle, Georgie Clarke (right), Georgia and Leonie Atlanta (second left) enjoyed a fun afternoon together
Bold: Lizzie Cundy stood out in her feathers teamed with a bodycon white lace dress
A bit of all-white: Lizzie and Kate later posed together for cameras
Having a ball: Cliff Richard proved to be in good spirits as he posed playfully for cameras at the bash
Red hot: Natasha Grano posed fiercely for cameras in a tight-fitting red lace number, offset by low-key nude heels
Most watched News videos
- The terrifying moment a plane comes crashing down in South Africa
- NFL quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo goes on a date with porn star
- 'Africa won the world cup': Trevor Noah mocks France World Cup win
- Brutal bat attack caught on surveillance video in the Bronx
- Police release video of Stormy Daniels' arrest outside strip club
- 12 suspects appear in Bronx court in 'Justice for Junior' case
- Drowned woman and child found next to survivor clinging to wreck
- Macron's security advisor IMPERSONATES police to beat protestors
- Shocking video shows mother brutally beating her twin girls
- Tourist dies after waterfall jump in background of music video
- Bon Jovi star Richie Sambora soars in fighter plane
- Piglets brutally killed by having their heads slammed on floor