Bachelor vets Peyton and Chris Lambton expecting a second child... and the baby was conceived 'naturally' after they used IVF for the first
Bachelor stars Chris and Peyton Lambton are expecting their second child.
The couple made the announcement on Instagram on Tuesday.
'Our team is expanding and we couldn’t be more excited!!' Peyton wrote inside a photo with her husband Chris and their daughter Lyla. 'Baby Lambton will be here in December and Lyla James is ready for her promotion to big sister!'
Big announcement: Bachelor alums Chris and Peyton Lambton announced on Instagram on Tuesday they are expecting their second child
Peyton described the pregnancy as a 'complete surprise' in her blog post.
'Lyla James was an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) baby and we went through so much to bring her into this world,' she admitted. 'I just assumed that was how we would create all of our babies.....boy was I wrong!'
She went on to say that the couple had tried to get pregnant for many years, but it just didn't happen for them.
In fact, the couple had visited an IVF clinic in April to learn about what it would take to have a second baby. Ultimately they decided not to proceed, and then later that month they found out she was pregnant the old fashioned way.
Growing family: Chris and Peyton share 17-month old daughter Lyla James
Miracle baby: Chris and Peyton Lyla James used IVF to help conceive baby Lyla James in 2016
The Lambtons did not technically meet on the Bachelor series.
Peyton was a contestant on season 10 of The Bachelor in 2007, while Chris was on season six of The Bachelorette in 2010. They ended up getting together through a mutual friend whom they knew through Bachelor Nation.
Season 10 of The Bachelor was also known as The Bachelor: Officer And A Gentleman, and featured U.S. Navy Officer Andy Baldwin. Peyton got eliminated in week three. Tessa Horst would end up being declared the winner of the competition.
Andy and Tessa briefly got engaged but they eventually broke up later that year.
Season six of The Bachelorette featured Ali Fedotowsky. Chris would end up being the runner-up to the Roberto Martinez. Ali and Roberto ended their relationship the following year.
Blast from the past: Andy Baldwin and Peyton on season ten of The Bachelor in 2007
The way we were: Chris with Ali Fedotowsky on season six of The Bachelorette in 2010
Chris and Petyon got married in May 2012.
They went on to star in their own reality series on HGTV called Going Yard, which was all about landscaping.
The couple live in Massachusetts with their 17-month old daughter Lyla James.
'I feel a bit of empowerment that my body was able to do its job,' Peyton wrote in her blog about her unexpected second pregnancy. 'I'm happy that IVF exists and I am also happy to have a different experience this time around.'
Baby Lambton number two is due on December 20.
Going strong: Chris and Peyton were married in 2012
Most watched News videos
- The terrifying moment a plane comes crashing down in South Africa
- Man sets up projector to make garden look like jurassic park
- Brutal bat attack caught on surveillance video in the Bronx
- Shocking video shows mother brutally beating her twin girls
- Utah train worker calls a group of girls porn stars
- Bon Jovi star Richie Sambora soars in fighter plane
- Drowned woman and child found next to survivor clinging to wreck
- Comedian is forced to move her scooter from disability space on train
- Desperate parents queue for hours for school breakfast club place
- Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab wants to 'heat up' talks with EU
- NFL quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo goes on a date with porn star
- Trump's daughter grasps her Secret Service agent's hand