White House aide Stephen Miller says Trump is 'the best orator to hold that office in generations' - and instantly gets ripped to shreds on Twitter
- White House aide Stephen Miller heaped praise on Donald Trump during a Fox News interview on Tuesday night
- He said Trump was the most gifted politician of our time and the best orator to hold office in generations
- Miller's comments instantly made the policy adviser a target on Twitter
- He also attacked the media in his interview saying they are driving bad polling results in an attempt to smear Trump
Miller heaped praise on the President during a television interview on Fox News on Tuesday night.
'President Trump is the most gifted politician of our time,' Miller told host Laura Ingraham, who was filling in on Tucker Carlson Tonight.
'He's the best orator to hold that office in generations.'
White House adviser Stephen Miller has been torn to shreds on Twitter after saying that Donald Trump is the most gifted politician of our time
Miller, who is a top aide and speechwriter for Trump, went on to say the administration would continue to take its message out to the people.
'(Trump) is the leader of this nationwide and worldwide populist movement and it's about lifting working class people - black, Hispanic, white, all backgrounds,' he said.
Miller also attacked the media in his interview on Tuesday, saying they are driving bad polling results in an attempt to smear Trump.
'The extreme media is going to do whatever they can to tear down this president,' Miller said.
'The media has gotten the president wrong since the day he announced and every day since. And he has been right, and they have been wrong.'
His comments about Trump being the 'best orator' instantly made the policy adviser a target on Twitter.
'My 9-year-old son is a better orator than @realDonaldTrump,' one Twitter user wrote.
'I was actually thinking if I can compare my two year old grandson to trump. It was a very close call who speaks better,' another tweeted.
One Twitter user said: 'Simply 'the best' orator, if one is in the fifth grade. Oh sorry, second grade.'
'Trump is the best orator, is to Steven Miller having the best hairline,' another wrote.
Reuters reported earlier this week that Miller was a top candidate to lead the White House's communications team, according to sources.
On Thursday, Miller briefed reporters at the White House on Trump's support for legislation that would overhaul the current immigration system by creating a merit based system for issuing visas, favoring younger immigrants with advanced degrees.
He sparred with a CNN reporter who asked whether such a policy was potentially racist and ran counter to the American values, and accused him of having a 'cosmopolitan bias.'
Reuters reported earlier this week that Miller was one of Trump's top candidates to lead the White House's communications team
Most watched News videos
- Brutal bat attack caught on surveillance video in the Bronx
- Debris flies from Tornado touch down in Valeria, Iowa
- NFL quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo goes on a date with porn star
- Man sets up projector to make garden look like jurassic park
- Waitress tackles male customer after grabbing her backside
- Sir David Attenborough shuts down Naga Munchetty's questions
- Shocking video shows mother brutally beating her twin girls
- Leo Varadkar outlines Ireland's preparation for Brexit
- Road rage brawl ends with BMW driver sending man flying
- Bon Jovi star Richie Sambora soars in fighter plane
- Passenger films inside BA flight that made emergency landing at Gatwick
- Last known survivor of Amazon tribe captured on camera