Unhygienic German men voted the worst in bed while lazy English come second in the battle between the sheets
First the good news. English men make better lovers than the Germans.
Now the bad news. We are trailing behind the rest of the world when it comes to the language of love.
What was it that led 15,000 well-travelled women to come to such an ignominious conclusion? The famous English reserve, perhaps, or maybe the equally well known trend for bad teeth?
Sex scores: German men have been voted the world's worst lovers thanks to their unhygienic habits and English chaps came second for their lazy lovemaking
No, it turns out that Englishmen are too lazy - while the Germans are 'too smelly'.
The survey, carried out by global research website OnePoll.com,
asked women from 20 countries to rate nations on their talent in the
bedroom and give reasons for their answers.
English men were criticised for 'letting women do all the work'.
Swedish men were 'too quick to finish', Dutchmen too rough and Americans too dominating. Greeks were deemed 'soppy'.
However, some consolation can be taken from the Welsh and Scottish making the lousy lover list as well. Men from Wales were considered selfish and those from north of the border too loud.
As may be expected, latin countries came top in the 'best lover' list, with Spain at number one, followed by Brazil, Italy and France.
A spokesman for OnePoll.com said: ' Welltravelled lovers have named and shamed those blokes who don't satisfy them between the sheets.
'These results are an eye-opener for thousands of men around the world and female travellers might judge potential new lovers by looking at these results.
'And because English lads fared pretty badly, they need to up their game if they want to be popular on the international scene.'
'Who would've thought the Scots were better lovers than the English, or even Swedes for that matter.'
WORLD'S WORST LOVERS
WORLD'S BEST LOVERS
|1. Germany (too smelly)||1. Spain|
|2. England (too lazy)||2. Brazil|
|3. Sweden (too quick)||3. Italy|
|4. Holland (too dominating)||4. France|
|5. America (too rough)||5. Ireland|
|6. Greece (too lovey-dovey)||6. South Africa|
|7. Wales (too selfish)||7. Australia|
|8. Scotland (too loud)||8. New Zealand|
|9. Turkey (too sweaty)||9. Denmark|
|10. Russia (too hairy)||10. Canada|
Most watched News videos
- Transgender girl assaults peers at Texas high school
- Hundreds of people gather in Wellington to meet Harry and Meghan
- Harry and Meghan evacuate in New Zealand due to a fire
- 'Invictus Spirit': Meghan makes speech at the Invictus closing ceremony
- Heartbreaking moment man cries after loosing his best friend Flora
- Harry and Meghan unveil Tonga’s Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy
- Meghan presents Young Conservationist of the Year Award
- 'You need to leave': Sir Philip Green ignores Sky's questions
- Harry and Meghan receive hongi at welcome ceremony in New Zealand
- Archive footage of the Leicester City chairman's helicopter landing on pitch
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex Prince Harry and Meghan land in NZ
- Bizarre moment motorist drives through the waves at the beach