Romanian Top 100 Singles Airplay Chart 7-13.11 (issue 44/05)

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:04 am

TW LW Dif. NW Artist name Single Title
1 1 13 FLY PROJECT Raisa
2 2 16 THE PUSSYCATS DOLLS ft. BUSTA RHYMES Don't cha
3 3 14 ACTIV Superstar
4 4 27 SHAKIRA & ALEJANDRO SANZ La tortura
5 5 9 ANDA ADAM & ALEX Ce ti-as face (Selecta)
6 7 1 9 CORINA Fara tine
7 6 1 15 CRUSH ft. ALEXANDRA UNGUREANU Plang noptile
8 9 1 7 ANDRA Baietii si fetele ce vor
9 10 1 23 ELENA PAPARIZOU My number one
10 13 3 6 SUGABABES Push the button
11 12 1 13 BLACK EYED PEAS Don't lie
12 15 3 11 BENASSI BROS. ft. DHANNY Every Single Day
13 20 7 7 CLASS Na, Na, Na
14 8 6 16 VOLTAJ Patapetine
15 30 15 8 BOB SINCLAR Love generation
16 40 24 5 RICKY MARTIN I don't care
17 19 2 12 GWEN STEFANI Cool
18 28 10 5 ROBBIE WILLIAMS Trippin'
19 27 8 6 DEPECHE MODE Precious
20 16 4 9 THALIA Amar sin sen amada
21 21 17 IMPACT Uhh Uhh
22 14 8 18 JENNIFER LOPEZ Hold you down
23 11 12 24 DJ PROJECT Privirea ta
24 35 11 4 CIARA ft. LUDACRIS Oh
25 25 24 GWEN STEFANI Hollaback girl
26 26 18 JAMES BLUNT You're beautiful
27 17 10 25 AKON Lonely
28 18 10 36 ROB THOMAS Lonely no more
29 42 13 5 BRITNEY SPEARS Someday (I Will Understand)
30 32 2 8 TIMO MAAS First day
31 23 8 5 ALB NEGRU Fara sens
32 52 20 5 SEAN PAUL We be burning
33 47 14 12 UNITING NATIONS You and me
34 41 7 27 BACKSTREET BOYS Incomplete
35 24 11 8 JET SET In the name of love
36 31 5 8 HEAVEN Pentru totdeauna
37 65 28 2 MADONNA Hung up
38 51 13 16 IN - GRID Mamma Mia
39 45 6 13 ANDREEA BALAN Invidia
40 33 7 16 DANIEL POWTER Bad day
41 44 3 20 CRAZY FROG Axel F
42 34 8 18 DEEP DISH Say Hello
43 36 7 17 DESTINY'S CHILD Girl
44 37 7 28 MORANDI Beijo Uh La La
45 38 7 13 SNOOP DOGG f & J.TIMBERLAKE Signs
46 39 7 10 MISSY ELLIOTT Lose control
47 48 1 11 T&F vs MOLTOSUGO ft. MOONY De fakt
48 43 5 3 DJ PROJECT Soapte
49 54 5 4 BON JOVI Have a nice day
50 59 9 5 TNT Eu & TU
51 55 4 7 t.A.T.u. All about us
52 53 1 5 CA$$ALOCO Cea mai de treaba fata

53 50 3 10 ANALIA SELIS Milonga Sentimental
54 58 4 6 MYLO Doctor Pressure
55 49 6 15 MARCUS LEVIN Take me away
56 22 34 26 BLACK EYED PEAS Don't phunk with my heart
57 29 28 30 MANDINGA Soarele meu
58 61 3 32 WILL SMITH Switch
59 81 22 15 GLOBAL DEEJAYS What a feeling (Flashdance)
60 75 15 5 SIMPLY RED Perfect love
61 67 6 5 SEPTEMBER Satellites
62 46 16 16 RIHANNA Pon de replay
63 69 6 3 KEO Azi vii maine pleci
64 74 10 20 MARIAH CAREY We belong together
65 Re-E 1 DEEP DISH vs. DIRE STRAITS Flashing for money
66 63 3 10 GREENDAY Wake me up when September ends
67 76 9 3 TEXAS Getaway
68 56 12 5 FAITHLESS ft. ARMAND van Helden Insomnia '05
69 62 7 37 DESTINY'S CHILD ft. LIL'WAYNE & T.I. Soldier
70 60 10 5 KT TUNSTALL Suddenly I see
71 68 3 14 DELIA Ziua ta
72 72 2 DESPINA VANDI C'est la vie
73 93 20 14 COLDPLAY Speed of sound
74 87 13 2 TIESTO Adaggio for strings
75 79 4 38 GWEN STEFANI & EVE Rich girl
76 78 2 4 BACKSTREET BOYS Just Want you to know
77 90 13 2 MICHAEL BUBLE Save the last dance for me
78 83 5 2 DAVID GRAY The one I love
79 82 3 30 BLONDY Dansez
80 57 23 36 CIARA & MISSY ELLIOTT 1,2 Step
81 HNE 1 LUCAS PRATA And she said
82 88 6 2 SIMONA NAE & CONNECT-R Cine stie
83 NE 1 KELLY CLARKSON Behind these hazel eyes
84 85 1 2 PAUL van DYK ft. WAYNE JACKSON The Other Side
85 89 4 8 JUANES La camisa negra
86 84 2 6 DADDY YANKEE Gasolina
87 77 10 10 SIMON WEBBE Lay your hands
88 71 17 32 50 CENT & OLIVIA Candy Shop
89 73 16 2 HARA Liber
90 NE 1 R.KELLY Burn it up
91 92 1 4 PARIS AVENUE ft. ROBIN ONE I want you
92 70 22 12 NICOLA Honey
93 100 7 2 MOBY Dream about me
94 Re-E 1 LUMINITA ANGHEL & SISTEM Let me try
95 94 1 2 DA PLAYAZ ft. CLEA We don't have to take our chlothes off
96 66 30 15 MYLO In my arms
97 NE 1 SHAGGY Wild 2nite
98 NE 1 BLACK EYED PEAS My humps
99 NE 1 MEL C. First day of my life
100 99 1 19 HOLOGRAF Daca pot sa zambesc grijile s-au dus


Most voted single on our official website, again, Thalia - Amar sin ser amada. Madonna is going up fast and so is Ricky Martin. Many new entries this week, romanian radio stations are getting ready for the second rating audit this year so they fill the playlists with as many "good" singles as posible, hoping for the best.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby djcharly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks for the new chart! ACTIV are doing well and still number 3.

Only 1 little error in Thalia's title, it's "Amar Sin Ser (with an R) Amada". In school, I studied spanish for second language. It's stronger than me, I'm a real latin man!!! Image :lol:
User avatar
djcharly
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005
Location: France

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:42 pm

I did the correction on the website. Tx, Charly. Activ is doing well indeed, but I think DJ Project's new single will come in force.
Stay tuned! :-D
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby hello » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:01 pm

djcharly wrote:Thanks for the new chart! ACTIV are doing well and still number 3.

Only 1 little error in Thalia's title, it's "Amar Sin Ser (with an R) Amada". In school, I studied spanish for second language. It's stronger than me, I'm a real latin man!!! Image :lol:
ewwwwww! What is this song doing here. What a waste of time. One of the ***** songs I ever heard. I am starting to believe some people in this forum sayingg Romanian Airplay is full of Cr**.

The only spanish song in that list that deserves to be there is Shakiras and Juanes.
~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~
User avatar
hello
Superstar
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005
Location: ShaGaDeleDiKa Land

Postby djcharly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:38 pm

Btw Mishu, can you tell us if there is an album chart or something related with albums sales in Romania?
User avatar
djcharly
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005
Location: France

Postby experience » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:04 pm

djcharly wrote:Btw Mishu, can you tell us if there is an album chart or something related with albums sales in Romania?
no there isn't!

by the way, as much as i dislike this romanian singles airplay whatever, i have to admit that it is the best romanian chart....by the way: why singles in the title of this chart? there is no singles market in romania!
User avatar
experience
Groupie
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005
Location: europe

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:10 pm

"hello" as I explained on another thread (hope it wasn't another forum too :-D ), Romania is a latin country. Soap operas produced in South America are very , VERY succesful here. We have one TV station broadcasting only this kind of content. Thalia launched her career in tv productions like this and young romanian girls are watching them as we watched "beavis & butthead" back in the days. Since internet is growing in Romania too, you can imagine the fuss on some Thalia fan forums about this song. Girls are requesting this song on radio like crazy and the Visitor's chart on our website had Thalia as week's winner 2 times in a row. There is nothing I can do about it. Sorry that this song is not something that you like. I don't like it either, that doesn't mean radio stations are not playing it. For me it's simple, I only listen to those radio station that are playing the music I like. When it comes to compiling the chart, my personal music taste has nothing to do with it.

Charly, nothing official so far. We are trying to put up a system to compile a sales chart too, but it's very difficult since the big retailers are not even using the same barcode standard :-(
I don't want to start about the black market and the gray market. Let's say that when we'll be able to put together all the figures from ALL retailers in Romania we'll have like 25% of the market covered. The rest is silence...:-(
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby djcharly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:18 pm

experience wrote:by the way: why singles in the title of this chart? there is no singles market in romania!
"Singles" is a generic word which means "singles songs or tracks". Just like Mishu, I worked in a big radio station and I know what I am talking about. The word "Single" is very useful because when a track is played on the radio, the original format is a promo single. All the professionals from musical market are using this word for airplays, even Billboard as you can see here.
"Don't Forget About Us" is not available for sale but the track is mentionned in Singles chart history.
Last edited by djcharly on Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
djcharly
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005
Location: France

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:20 pm

"experience" the singles notion in Romania has a different meaning. What we are refering as single doesn't mean an actual "single cd", but instead the track extracted from that band's album.
The "extraction" process is simple: Label's manager meet with the band and ask them what they want as their next "single". Band says "this track" so that track is sent on promotional cd-s (burned cd-r) to major radio stations around the country. More than this, the track receives a video too. That makes it an official "single" as romanian market understands it.
We had several attempts to launch "single cd's" on romanian market when I worked for a romanian label. Sales figures were a disaster. Due to high production costs for any type of cd manufactured in Romania, the final price for the "single" was not far from the price of the album itself. Since romanian are not so rich, they prefered to buy the album instead of single cd. We ended up with large stocks of singles so we bailed out of this ideea.
Maybe in a couple of years romanian market will be ready for singles, but I personally doubt that very much. Not with our piracy rate anyway. Why paying 3 Euros for a cd with 2-5 tracks when you can buy the whole discography of that band in high quality mp3 from a guy in the central square in Bucharest? :-(
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:29 pm

djcharly wrote:"Singles" is a generic word which means "singles songs or tracks".
Charly, is understandable for a market where 90% of the singles launched by an artist actually exists as separate cd-s. It has to do with education of that market.
One of my friends worked on Radio Deejay Italy a couple of years ago and he told me that in Italy the radio stations are not playing the whole song no matter what.DJ's are used to talk over the track, cut it in half to tell a joke, mix jingles or acapela's over it, anything but let the track play from begining to the end. I asked him why is that and he said:"Ppl must hear the track for a few then go out and buy the cd if they want to hear it all. Radio's are promoting the track in view of boosting the sales not cutting them".
Now, romanian radio stations are playing the biggest hits of the moment 6-7 times/day, without any breaks or anything. If you are a fan of that radio station, you will get bored of that track before the album is launched :-D Why buy it anymore?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby Cornholio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:37 pm

Mishu wrote: One of my friends worked on Radio Deejay Italy a couple of years ago and he told me that in Italy the radio stations are not playing the whole song no matter what.DJ's are used to talk over the track, cut it in half to tell a joke, mix jingles or acapela's over it, anything but let the track play from begining to the end. I asked him why is that and he said:"Ppl must hear the track for a few then go out and buy the cd if they want to hear it all. Radio's are promoting the track in view of boosting the sales not cutting them".
View that lately I'm living in Italy it's true... I worked in a few networks, and always the same rule... Don't let the song until he finishes, because of piracy causes more than everything... There are persons who rip music from the radio, and that's why the include jingles and all that crap. Working like this is quite funny because you're the speaker, and on the other side of the studio is the deejay. You're listening quietly to a song that maybe you like, and you see the deejay that starts counting fingers so that you get on air... A bit sucks, but it's a good thing a single marketplace. I personally own a big collection of CD singles and I'm very happy with it. I think I'll be really sad if this market would stop existing... xox.
User avatar
Cornholio
Manager
 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004

Postby djcharly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Personally, as a DJ, I don't like to cut a song after only 2 minutes but I like to play radio edit tracks not really until it finishes but a few seconds before by sending a jingle or talking on Mic. I like mixing!!! :)

Back to romanian artists discuss, MORANDI's "Love Me" is actually number 2 in my dance chart, viewable here and number 1 in my generalist top 10 available by clicking on the link from my signature.
User avatar
djcharly
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005
Location: France

Postby josecharts » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:14 pm

Exactly, Romania is a latin country too... and it's cool to see AMAR SIN SER AMADA (to love without being loved) charting over there!!!
User avatar
josecharts
Manager
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004
Location: Lima, Peru

Postby josecharts » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Cornholio wrote:
Mishu wrote: One of my friends worked on Radio Deejay Italy a couple of years ago and he told me that in Italy the radio stations are not playing the whole song no matter what.DJ's are used to talk over the track, cut it in half to tell a joke, mix jingles or acapela's over it, anything but let the track play from begining to the end. I asked him why is that and he said:"Ppl must hear the track for a few then go out and buy the cd if they want to hear it all. Radio's are promoting the track in view of boosting the sales not cutting them".
View that lately I'm living in Italy it's true... I worked in a few networks, and always the same rule... Don't let the song until he finishes, because of piracy causes more than everything... There are persons who rip music from the radio, and that's why the include jingles and all that crap. Working like this is quite funny because you're the speaker, and on the other side of the studio is the deejay. You're listening quietly to a song that maybe you like, and you see the deejay that starts counting fingers so that you get on air... A bit sucks, but it's a good thing a single marketplace. I personally own a big collection of CD singles and I'm very happy with it. I think I'll be really sad if this market would stop existing... xox.
I wuld be very sad too... Here there is no singles market anymore but i remember singles were released the same day that promo single was sent to radios... and here the deejays talk all the time over the song and play their jingles and ids but i have never heard about that rule against piracy or to force the buy of cds... I work on radio for almost 8 years and never heard about it... i know that some latin countries like Mexico, has stronger penalties for radios that play a song that hasnt being released as a promo single...

Also we call them singles... but of course all of them are only promo singles...
User avatar
josecharts
Manager
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004
Location: Lima, Peru

Postby Mishu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:16 pm

Jose, is not a Rule as in Law or something. Just a way of doing things so the music industry as a whole doesn't suffer. I remember in the early 90's (we had no music industry by then) that radio's where the only music source for the country. Ppl were recording tracks from the radio like crazy. Before the music rights legislation came into force in 1995, even the biggest radio stations in Bucharest were having only pirated cd-s in their collection :-)
The funniest thing I remember about that period that when an inspection was about to enter the radio I was workin in, we were able to find out a couple of minutes before and we cleared the couple hundreds cd's leaving only 3!!!!! that were with some boring romanian artists but the only legal ones we had.
:-D
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby hello » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:16 pm

mishu, thanks for the explanation but I still think somethings wrong with it. Well, thank you so much for posting it anyway. I hope they stop listening to those cheap-gayable songs.
~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~
User avatar
hello
Superstar
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005
Location: ShaGaDeleDiKa Land

Postby djcharly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:02 pm

Mishu wrote:Jose, is not a Rule as in Law or something. Just a way of doing things so the music industry as a whole doesn't suffer. I remember in the early 90's (we had no music industry by then) that radio's where the only music source for the country. Ppl were recording tracks from the radio like crazy. Before the music rights legislation came into force in 1995, even the biggest radio stations in Bucharest were having only pirated cd-s in their collection :-)
The funniest thing I remember about that period that when an inspection was about to enter the radio I was workin in, we were able to find out a couple of minutes before and we cleared the couple hundreds cd's leaving only 3!!!!! that were with some boring romanian artists but the only legal ones we had.
:-D
It makes me remind that I was surprised first time I worked on a radio to find a DJ who used band record of a track of SURFACE, great r'n'b group very popular in the USA but totally unknown in France and he was free to rotate this rip taken from a US radio, of course he never mentionned this track on the playlist he sent to Mediacontrol. Yes, Mediacontrol controled the french rotations in early 90's! These days, it can't happen; even your talk time on air is formated on national radios!
User avatar
djcharly
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005
Location: France

Postby josecharts » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:44 am

hello wrote:I hope they stop listening to those cheap-gayable songs.
:o Does Tatu or Smash!! apply to this category you just mentioned?
User avatar
josecharts
Manager
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004
Location: Lima, Peru

Postby Mishu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:33 pm

He he, I bet all of us who worked in radio played 85% what we DIDN'T like and only 15% what we actually liked.
Same goes for any business that is made for other ppl. You must leave your personal taste at the door when u enter the On-Air studio.
As long as radio stations keep reporting a song, I have to include it in the chart. How high it goes is up to the radios not to me.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby askew » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Thanks for this chart. Nice to see La Tortura still near the top of the chart. I wonder when, or if, her new single "Don't Bother" will chart there.
User avatar
askew
Roadie
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005
Location: US

Postby Mishu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:50 am

I'll keep you posted as soon as I have the right image about what radio stations are starting to spin the new single. Tx for your interest.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
www.rt100.ro
User avatar
Mishu
Groupie
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004
Location: Romania

Postby onyx » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:23 pm

can i ask something...


why from the album gia after the singles : gia, opa opa, come along now the forth single is c'est la vie and not i believe it?
onyx
Groupie
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005

Postby AutomaticBR » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:19 pm

can u tell me where "We belong together" peaked, please? and if u have archives, also "It's like that" :) (I won't ask "Shake it off" or "Get your number" cuz I gues they didn't charted yet)
User avatar
AutomaticBR
Legend
 
Posts: 12793
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004
Location: Brasil

Postby hello » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:36 pm

josecharts wrote:
hello wrote:I hope they stop listening to those cheap-gayable songs.
:o Does Tatu or Smash!! apply to this category you just mentioned?
Nop, I said Thalia's cheapest song in her career...can't she just dedicate at least 1 year to an album like Shakira does...why releasing 10 albums each year??????
~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~
User avatar
hello
Superstar
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005
Location: ShaGaDeleDiKa Land

Return to Chart Analysis