• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

[NTF] - Napoleon Total Factions 3.6.1

Originally written by HusserlTW @ Total War Center forum

NTF is an all factions playable (included emergent), for all campaigns of Napoleon Total War, easy to install and run: just click 'n play! Campaigns are offered in SP and MP mode.

capturereereger

Special thanks to alpaca for his contribution in releasing version 3.0. Unlocking factions in game's menu is his work.

NTF Launcher:

captntfure

NTF comes with a launcher making playing the md just a matter of 2 clicks. Select campaign, campaign mode (sp or mp) and you are good to go! From v. 3.5 launcher is made fully in Visual Basic, using no batch or script files, in an attempt to help users experiencing problems with their anti-virus. For the same reason editing user.script.txt is not needed any more to play NTF. From File menu you can have an easy access in user script, preferences script and save games. In Utilities menu there is Check Files utility added in all my launchers. This utility checks the files in your game's data folder and informs you about the files you have there and they do not belong to vanilla or NTF. This is useful when you want to see if there are any forgotten files that perhaps causing you problems.

Released versions and changing log:

version 3.6.1

* New useful futures and utilities in mod's launcher (detailed manual in menu Help). Now campaigns can be selectd only in menu, Campaigns.
* MP campaigns restored.
* Campaigns restored without cities conversions to avoid save game corrupted files.
* Extra campaigns (United Netherlands, Italy) reworked. Now Italy starts in Northern Italy and owns Piedmont as well.
* Skin changing removed for a shorter release time. It will be added again in a future version.
* Other changes

Previous versions:

version 3.6

* All capitols of minor and emergent factions have been upgraded in 3 slot cities (if they were smaller than that).
* Game scripts reworked eliminating AI passive game.
* New startpos made with EasyEsf. Now the same files are used for SP and MP saving some MB on your HD thanks to multiplayer modfolder by T.C.
* France is playable in a MP game.
* Campaigns can be also selected from menu bar. This is very useful especially for the next addition:
* Skin changer has been added so you can choose one of the 10 available skins for NTF launcher.
* Options now remain in launcher's memory so you do not have to enable them every time you start mod.
* Other minor changes.

version 3.5.1

* Mod launcher reworked fixing problems of 3.5 version
* More futures added making launcher even more friendly for the user. More infos: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10107724

version 3.5

* New launcher
* Extra campaigns (Italy, Netherlands) now also in multiplayer mode.

version 3.4

* New script added making NTF a click and play mod (read instructions).
* Vanilla choice has been removed in NTF campaigns menu.

version 3.3

* Peninsula campaign has been added.
* Portugal is playable.
* Locked Austrian armies in Italian campaign are released after the first battle, thanks to Rizz's script.
* Other graphic improvement with the help of DRunkCoWBoy699

version 3.2

* Double building chain bug has been fixed
* General and Admiral recruitment has been added for Hannover
* Other minor changes

version 3.1

* Fixed bug causing game freeze in France's AI turn when playing as certain factions

version 3.0

* New in game UI thanks to alpaca's work
* All campaigns available in mp mod.
* Hannover has been added as an available faction (all emergent)
* Victory conditions have been reworked for all factions
* Other graphical changes

version 2.3

* Egyptian campaign only changes
* Starting British fleet revealed from shroud
* Restriction that did not allowed Cyprus troops to move out of city has been removed.* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.
* All updates after version 2.0 are included.

version 2.2

* Milan and Trient factions have been added in Italian campaign.
* Problem with Austria in Italian campaign have been fixed.
* Update 2.1 is included.
* You have to have NTF 2.0 installed before installing this update.

version 2.1

* FoW properly αplied for Italian and Egyptian campaigns. Now only player's regions are revealed.
* Restrictions of Italian and Egyptian campaigns have been removed
* Napoleon's portrait has been added for France in grand campaign.

version 2.0

* New GUI
* All campaigns
* All known bugs of previous version are fixed

version 1.1

* FoW removed from trade fleets of Spain, Ottomans, Portugal, Netherlands and one swedish army.
* Venice is fixed.
* Missing treasuries for some factions is fixed.
* All emergent can recruit one admiral/general after 1st turn.

version 1.0

* GUI has been added by Hip63.
* If you play as emergent, all the other emergent are present in campaign's start.

Installation and instructions

First uninstall any previous version of NTF. Then decompress NTF361.7z and run NTF_setup.exe following the installer's instructions. Make sure you install mod in your game's directory (...napoleon total war) browsing in another installation path than default, if necessary. The mod uses its own mod folder and do not overwrite any of vanilla files. After mod installation proceed in installing the update.

Link 1: http://www.theassimilationlab.com

Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com

UPDATE: Download attached and extract it in ...napoleon total warNTF replacing existing files.

IMPORTANT : To run the mod launch Steam manually and then start NTF. The mod is compatible with new Napoleon Total Combat. If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...napoleon total warNTFNTF_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags:

Please note that all pictures can be found in the download area. Also, I can only give support for the most common issue e.g CTD, installation, but if I cannot answer your question then I suggest that you post it here.

You need use the spoiler tag instead of the code tag due to difference between forum software and the post attachment update_3.6.1 (download requires registration on TWC) can be found in the download area.

Hi!

How do I fix this problem? I get an error message saying "Error:Europe Dlg->Button 1->On click, Line 96:Argument 1 must be of type table." What do I do?

I´m running the game with Windows 7 64 bit.

Edited by Babewoman

Welcome to TAL! :banana:

Have you installed the update for NTF 3.6.1?

If not then install the update and try again, but if that doesn't help then remove NTF (you need to manually delete the <path>Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\NTF  folder) after you have uninstalled NTF in Windows control panel.

Also you must have Steam running before launching the NTF launcher otherwise you might have a CTD when NTW is launching.  Good luck! :)

Thank you so much for the quick reply! :)

I´v installed the update now and I don't get the error message any more! :) Hurray!

The problem now is that when I pick all factions in the game menu the game crashes. I get a message saying that napoleon stopped working.

I start Steam before I open NTF and everything seams to load fine but the screen turns black when I click on things. I would really appreciate your help. Any advice?

You're welcome. :)

Glad you got it working.

Below is the answer for question about the error "NTW stop working" message, but I also suggest that you reinstall the mod and verify game cache in Steam perhaps reinstall the game itself outside of the UAC protected C:Program Files(x86) folder.

From the OP

IMPORTANT : To run the mod launch Steam manually and then start NTF. The mod is compatible with new Napoleon Total Combat. If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...napoleon total warNTFNTF_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags:

You need use the spoiler tag instead of the code tag due to difference between forum software and the post attachment update_3.6.1 (download requires registration on TWC) can be found in the download area.

Remember you don't need to install NTW into a Steam subfolder and you can if you wish install NTW anywhere. ;)

Happy to help. :)

I was in a hurry when I posted earlier today and later I came to think about something important.  So I'll ask you this...  Do you have the Peninsular Campaign DLC installed?

I had a similar error message like you just had a few years ago, so I asked the author HusserlTW about it and he said that you need to have the Peninsular Campaign DLC installed otherwise you'll get a CTD when picking England in the Peninsular Campaign in NTF.

EDIT:  If you use DMN then you should know that all you need to do is to launch the game itself if you want to continue your campaign and not launching NTW via either DMN launcher or the NTF launcher, which could also cause a CTD.

Edited by Leonardo
Information about DMN added!

It´s working! It is finally working!!! :D

Thank you so much! I never would have solved it without your help. :) So happy I almost want to cry! Lol.

I´m gonna enjoy this. :)

Salut, mes amis! I followed exactly the installation instructions from above but it still doesn t work. I have Windows 8.1 - 64 b. The main game is installed in Program files(x86). When i use Steam to launch the mod nothing happens. When I do not I get an error message: „ntf has stopped working...†I don t understand why it happens. Should I uninstall the main game and reinstall it in custom folder?

Welcome to TAL! :banana:

A word of advice never install games in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder due to the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows unless it's absolutely necessary.

In case you didn't know, but you don't have to install Steam games in a Steam subfolder nor do you need to install Steam in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder instead you can basically install a Steam game anywhere.

This is important:

Also you must have Steam running before launching the NTF launcher otherwise you might have a CTD when NTW is launching.

Yes reinstall NTW outside of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder then reinstall NTF, but don't forget to install the 3.6.1 patch.