Hand Solo! Harrison Ford steals the show in bespoke suit jacket as he introduces Ridley Scott at director's Hollywood handprint ceremony
He was there to introduce one of his best friends in the business.
But Harrison Ford ended up stealing the show as he introduced Ridley Scott at his hand and footprint ceremony in Hollywood on Wednesday.
The Alien Director joined such cinematic giants as Sylvester Stallone, Adam Sandler, George Takei, Demi Lovato and Donald Duck in having their prints displayed outside the Tinsel Town landmark.
Ford focus: All eyes were on Harrison at Ridley Scott's handprint ceremony at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood on Wednesday
Displaying his famous comedic timing, Harrison, who was wearing a snazzy blue suit jacket and jeans, joked: 'I come to praise Ridley, not to bury him.'
The 67-year-old, who is returning the role of Rick Deckard in the forthcoming Blade Runner 2049, hailed the South Shields director's work on the original film, and insisted he learned a tremendous amount during while making the movie.
But the Star Wars legend, who was inducted himself in 1992, was not the only one to garner guffaws with a zinger at the ceremony.
For their were chuckles all round after Ridley, 79, insisted the Star Wars legend was 'a flipping nightmare' to work with.
He also insisted he still loved his work, saying: 'I'm still learning and still curious, after 40 years in film, which honestly has felt like a blink in time for me.'
Air farce one: Harrison garnered guffaws when he joked he was not there 'to bury' Ridley
Hand solo: The Star Wars star gave a heartfelt monologue on his friend
Hope he wiped his hand first: Harrison gave the honoree a warm handshake after his intro
'I don't feel I've ever worked a day in my life. To me it's one big holiday. I just adore it.'
He also explained how he used to often spend time looking at the exhibit in his younger days, saying: 'I never, ever could have dreamed this (would be) happening right now, so this is beyond an honor. It's a dream... It's a rare honor to be alongside such greats.
'I used to walk up and down here. Hollywood Boulevard was perfumed, very clean and very pretty in those days,” he said. “It’s getting better now but it did take a downturn. It’s climbing out of that right now, and it should.”
'I would look at the names every morning. I used to eat breakfast just around the corner - two little old ladies with blue hair, great food - and I’d walk past and look at the names.'
The timing of the event was fortuitous for Ridley, as his latest film Scott's latest movie Alien: Covenant opens in cinemas around the country this weekend.
Ford escort: The actor ushered the director down to the presentation box
Liquid lunch: The pair celebrated the event by going for some drinks afterwards
Most watched News videos
- Crazy daredevil hangs off 44-storey building with three fingers
- Shocking moment elephant suddenly collapses and dies in India
- Sri Lanka bombings: CCTV shows moment bomb detonates at hotel
- White nationalists disrupts Johnathan Metzi's talk on his book
- Police hunt for man who abducted 12-year-old girl in Leeds
- Dashcam footage captures moment car repeatedly rams other vehicle
- Elephants parading to empty Pinnawala village in Sri Lanka
- Couple warns buyers after builders left new property with 30 faults
- Brazilian model Tales Soares moment before he collapsed
- Clive Palmer goes on extraordinary rant during interview
- 'Party' cat knocks on Cardiff home door in the early hours
- Drone footage shows infamous ghost town inside Chernobyl zone