SPOILER ALERT: Scandal season six comes to a gripping finale full of political intrigue
Shonda Rhimes recently confirmed that the 7th season of Scandal will be the last.
And season six came to a gripping end in a two hour finale on Thursday.
The series focuses on Olivia Pope - played by Kerry Washington - and her crisis management firm, Olivia Pope & Associates, and its team, as well as staff at the White House in Washington, D.C., in their efforts to deal with and contain political scandals.
Spoilers! Scandal season six came to a gripping end in a two hour finale on Thursday
The finale of season six saw a new president sworn in at the inauguration.
During the inauguration ceremony, Olivia gets a call from Maya while she’s on stage. Maya is on a rooftop with a clear shot of the new president, new Vice President Luna Vargas (Tessie Santiago), and Olivia.
She tells Olivia to move so that she doesn’t get hit by the bullet. Before Maya can shoot, Olivia’s dad Rowan (Joe Morton) finds her and stops her by shooting her.
Ringing changes: The finale of season six saw a new president sworn in at the inauguration
The inauguration is saved and Olivia eventually figures out that it was Luna who hired Maya, and therefore that Luna was responsible for her own husband’s death.
Frankie’s 'grieving' widow was then given an ultimatum by Jake and Olivia - kill yourself, or we’ll kill you - to which she chose Option A.
After revealing that she’s pregnant with Charlie’s baby, Quinn asked Abby to take over as the head of the crisis management firm.
Kerry's lead: The series focuses on Olivia Pope and her crisis management firm, Olivia Pope & Associates
Shock ending! By the end of the episode, someone was killed off and the new president was sworn in at the inauguration
Fitz decided to leave D.C. to operate his foundation in Vermont.
Olivia opted to reinstate B613, with herself as its new leader; and it was ultimately revealed that Cyrus was the one who filled Luna’s head with all those crazy ideas, as part of a much larger scheme to get power for himself.
Olivia - in the episode’s final moments - appeared to side with Cyrus, telling him not to leave D.C. so she could make him Mellie’s new vice president.
By the end of the episode, someone was killed off and the new president was sworn in at the inauguration.
Most watched News videos
- Elephants parading to empty Pinnawala village in Sri Lanka
- Brazilian model Tales Soares moment before he collapsed
- Crazy daredevil hangs off 44-storey building with three fingers
- White nationalists disrupts Johnathan Metzi's talk on his book
- Sri Lanka: Weapons seized in raid on suspected militant safe house
- Clive Palmer goes on extraordinary rant during interview
- Sri Lanka bombings: CCTV shows moment bomb detonates at hotel
- Police hunt for man who abducted 12-year-old girl in Leeds
- Dashcam footage captures moment car repeatedly rams other vehicle
- Drone footage shows infamous ghost town inside Chernobyl zone
- Couple warns buyers after builders left new property with 30 faults
- 'Party' cat knocks on Cardiff home door in the early hours