Jennifer Garner looks chic in pinstripe dress as she heads to The Late Show to see her old friend Stephen Colbert
They are old friends who first met on sitcom Spin City, which ran from 1996 to 2002.
And on Thursday, Jennifer Garner was spotted leaving her Manhattan hotel before heading off to CBS' The Late Show With Stephen Colbert at the Ed Sullivan Theatre on Broadway in New York.
The 45-year-old looked chic in an eye-catching dark blue frock that featured a white pinstripe and a lace detail at the bust and around the hem.
Scroll down for video
Flirty and feminine: Jennifer Garner showed off her slender body in a form-fitting frock as she left her hotel in Manhattan on her way to The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday
She teamed the dress with navy high-heeled sandals with one strap across her toes and one around her ankle.
Jennifer's beautiful brunette tresses were styled in soft waves that framed her perfectly made up face.
And she smiled and waved at fans outside her hotel and when she arrived at the studio where she happily signed autographs.
Jennifer revealed how she and Stephen, 53, first met when she appeared on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show back in April 2014.
Smile and wave: The 45-year-old looked chic in an eye-catching dark blue frock that featured a white pinstripe and a lace detail at the bust and around the hem
She dished: 'We were guests stars on Spin City together forever ago.
'I had six lines but he had maybe four. So we had all of this time to hang out together because it's not as though they said, "We're done with these fools, let them go for the day." They just forgot about us.
'At the end he said, "You seem normal, would you baby sit for me?" So my roommate and I babysat for little Madeleine.'
Don't give up your day job: She revealed that she and Stephen, who is eight years her senior, became friends when they had bit parts on Spin City and he asked her to babysit his daughter
And John leaped out of his seat in delight when she revealed that Colbert wasn't paying her $10 an hour, saying: 'He's so cheap that guy.'
Jennifer appeared to be in New York without her own kids, daughters Violet, 11, Seraphina, eight, and five-year-old son Samuel who were presumably back home in Los Angeles.
She shares them with Ben Affleck, 45, her husband of 10 years. She finally filed for divorce last month after their split in 2015.
Generous star: Jennifer stopped to sign autographs outside Broadway's Ed Sullivan Theatre
Most watched News videos
- Crazy daredevil hangs off 44-storey building with three fingers
- Shocking moment elephant suddenly collapses and dies in India
- Sri Lanka bombings: CCTV shows moment bomb detonates at hotel
- White nationalists disrupts Johnathan Metzi's talk on his book
- Police hunt for man who abducted 12-year-old girl in Leeds
- Dashcam footage captures moment car repeatedly rams other vehicle
- Elephants parading to empty Pinnawala village in Sri Lanka
- Couple warns buyers after builders left new property with 30 faults
- Brazilian model Tales Soares moment before he collapsed
- Clive Palmer goes on extraordinary rant during interview
- 'Party' cat knocks on Cardiff home door in the early hours
- Drone footage shows infamous ghost town inside Chernobyl zone