Come on, Vogue: Anna Wintour is caught on video twerking to 'Teenage Dream' during Katy Perry performance at the 2017 Met Ball
- Salma Hayek posted a video of Anna Wintour twerking at the 2017 Met Ball while Katy Perry performed 'Teenage Dream'
- The video shows James Cordemn dancing along with Wintour and a bored-looking Selena Gomez and The Weeknd talking throughout the performance
- Wintour, 67, takes a big sip of water before she starts moving to the beat in her Chanel couture gown
Salma Hayek had one of the best seats in the house at the 2017 Met Ball, with the actress scoring a spot at the table of Vogue editrix Anna Wintour.
That ensured the Oscar nominee a night of scintillating conversation with the likes of Selena Gomez and The Weeknd, James Corden and Wintour, who apparently likes to let loose when she hears the music of Katy Perry.
Wintour's love of Perry was confirmed by Hayek on Thursday, who posted a video of the fashion powerhouse twerking up a custom-couture storm at the Metropolitan Museum of Art as Perry performed her hit song 'Teenage Dream.'
Scroll down for video
Just dance: Salma Hayek posted a video of Anna Wintour twerking at the 2017 Met Ball (above) while Katy Perry performed 'Teenage Dream'
Wintour is here! Prepare with a Chanel dress like Anna
The Met Gala has kicked off with a bang, with host Anna Wintour amongst the first to hit the red carpet, alongside her daughter Bee Shaffer.
The Met Gala marks the opening of the museum’s major fashion exhibition which sets the theme for the party each year. 2017 is Art of the in Between which will focus on the designs of Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons. We expect many avante-grade looks from the A-listers!
But Anna is one who keeps things consistent as she wore a heavily embellished gold dress with feathering in between a tulle bottom.
Whilst this made-to-measure creation isn’t available to buy online, you can click right to explore the brand and find your closest boutique.
Alternatively emulate Wintour’s style with one of the picks from our edit of similar styles below.
She let her walls come down, dow-ow-own: The Vogue editix seemed to be having the time of her life
Cameraman: 'Beside #SelenaGomez and #TheWeeknd can you guess who are the other dancers in this video I took at the #metball?' wrote Hayek on the post (above with husband Francois-Henri Pinault at the Met Ball)
'Beside #SelenaGomez and #TheWeeknd can you guess who are the other dancers in this video I took at the #metball?' wrote Hayek on the post.
Others who could be seen included James Corden and his wife as well as the aforementioned Gomez and her new beau, Canadian crooner Abel Tesfaye.
Those two could not be bothered however to dance that night, and were seen whispering to one another while Wintour went wild just a few feet away for a solid minute.
Wintour, 67, also seemed to be prepping herself for the song's big moment, as she turns around just before to take a big sip of water and whisper something to Corden.
It is not clear what she said, but it was likely something along the lines of: 'Don't just stand there, let's get to it, strike a pose, there's nothing to it.'
And at that very moment, Corden let his body move with the music, go with the flow.
Co-stars: The video shows James Corden (left with his wife at the Met ball) dancing along with Wintour and a bored-looking Selena Gomez and The Weeknd (right) talking throughout the performance
Balenci-OH NO: It is unclear however if Hayek got the approval of her Met Ball host to post this video (Hayek and her hubby with Wintour this past March)
It was Wintour who stole the show however, looking picture perfect throughout her routine with not a single haoir falling out of place from her perfect bob.
She also looked stunning in the Chanel couture gown she selected for the evening, a shimmering column covered in gold flecks and accented by feather detailing at the knee.
It is unclear however if Hayek got the approval of her Met Ball host to post this video, which shows her in a more celebratory and joyful light than perhaps any other video or photo of the brilliant businesswoman.
Hayek, who has been married for eight years to Kering CEO François-Henri Pinault, may want to be careful in that case, lest she hear those three terrifying words feared by so many.
Wintour is coming
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment elephant suddenly collapses and dies in India
- Man arrested after women's bodies 'found in freezer' at London flat
- CNN has livestream pulled off the air by Venezuela's government
- Transgender woman born with half a body finds love
- President Maduro's armoured cars are seen running over protesters
- Bride look unimpressed as husband plays online game DURING wedding
- Experienced dog mother teaches her group of puppies obedience
- Ajax and Spurs fans throw bottles and cones during street brawl
- Adorable clip of young girl with Down's Syndrome at Spurs' game
- Woman Snapchats final moments before she died in head-on collision
- Son speaks out after mum died from an attack in the hospital
- Moment two-metre Great White Shark is seen 20 metres from swimmer