Train kills couple having sex on the tracks in South Africa
A couple have been run over by a train while having sex on the tracks in South Africa (file photo)
A man and a woman having sex on the rail tracks have been killed by a freight train in South Africa.
The driver spotted the couple from a distance and repeatedly hooted - but they 'continued with their business', South African media reported.
The Kinross railway station in Mpumalanga is no longer in use, but freight trains do occaisonally run through it.
The area is more often used as a haven for prostitutes and their clients, police told South African newspaper Sowetan.
Police identified the couple as Mduduzi Michael Bandezi, 28, and Sibongile Radebe, 25, the paper said.
Mr Bandezi died immediately while Ms Radebe died later at hospital, Superintendent Abie Khoabane said.
They pair reportedly met earlier that night at a local tavern. When Bandezi's brother told him it was time to leave at about 11pm, Bandezi ignored him, leaving instead with Radebe later on.
"The spot was littered with scores of used condoms when police arrived at the scene of the gruesome death of an alleged prostitute and her client on Friday night," the Sowetan said.
The tiny town is known for the huge number of prostitutes operating on its outskirts.
The majority of the sex workers are from rural parts of Mpumalanga and converge on the town near Evander to service motorists and truck drivers.
Most watched News videos
- Muslim school kids in Philly recite disturbingly violent texts
- Passengers flee Russian plane after it exploded in a fireball
- Man heckles Hillary Clinton on her national tour in Las Vegas
- Crowds greeting Duke and Duchess of Sussex in recent footage
- Stanford bribery scandal student speaks about her admission in 2017
- Two gangs violently fight each other with baseball bats
- 'Oh my God': BA flight encounters extreme turbulence
- This was the moment news of Duchess Meghan going into labour broke
- Patriotic well-wisher hits himself in the face with champagne cork
- Scary moment cyclist is accidentally knocked down by fire engine
- Windsor visitors congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Thousands gather around Bangkok's Grand Palace to see Royal Family