‘He said he’d be humiliated if she made more money': Twitter user live-tweets airport row that sees man telling his girlfriend to turn DOWN a promotion - leading to her abandoning the trip
- Twitter user @mzbat described argument she overheard while at airport
- She said man told his partner there was no point in focusing on career
- Girlfriend then threw boarding pass at him and told him to enjoy the holiday
- Story has since gone viral on Twitter, where it's been shared over 5,000 times
Seeing a couple having a row in public can be an uncomfortable experience - with the common reaction being to avert your eyes.
But one Twitter user was so shocked by an argument that she overheard that she decided to live-tweet the whole thing.
Posting under the username @mzbat, the woman, from Midwich, California, explained how the man was telling his partner to not take a promotion at work - as 'he’d be humiliated ' if she made more money than him.
She said the man then told his girlfriend that there was no point focusing on her career, as once they were married with children she wouldn't be working anyway.
A Twitter user live-tweeted a couple's argument that she overheard while at the airport (file photo)
Posting under the username @mzbat, she explained how the man was telling his partner to not take a promotion at work - as he'd be 'humiliated'
Having had enough of her partner, the woman later 'threw her boarding pass at him' and stormed off, telling him to have a 'nice time in Cancun'.
The story has since gone viral on Twitter, with over 5,000 people retweeting the original tweet.
Describing what was happening, @mzbat said: 'Couple beside me at the airport is arguing over money.
'He just told her if she loved him she’d turn down the promotion bc everyone would know she’d be making more money than him and he’d be humiliated.'
She later said the woman decided to abandon the trip, throwing her boarding pass at him
She continued: 'He just told her once they’re married and have kids she wouldn’t be working anyway so there’s no point focusing on her career anyway and I’m rekt. I can’t believe this is 2017.
'OMG SHE WIPED HER TEARS & SAID “kids? who said anything about me ever wanting kids?!”'
The Twitter user then described how the woman then decided that enough was enough - and told her other half that she was abandoning their holiday Mexico.
'SHE THREW HER BOARDING PASS AT HIM AND TOLD HIM TO HAVE FUN IN CANCUN,' she tweeted.
Other social media users were quick to react, describing the story as an 'emotional rollercoaster'
'SHE JUST RAGE QUIT. OMG PEOPLE CLAPPED WHEN SHE WALKED AWAY. BEST. DAY. EVER.'
She added: 'Dear Brave Airport Lady, if you ever see this, just know that although I’m sorry you went through this (esp during the holidays), I hope that, one day, you look back on this as a defining moment in your life. Never settle. Follow your heart. You are a goddess.'
Other social media users were quick to react to the story, describing it as a 'emotional rollercoaster'.
One wrote 'This is amazing', while another commented: '[W]e are all behind you, airport lady'.
Most watched News videos
- Wrestlers surround Silver King after he collapses in ring
- Shocking road rage footage shows man smashing windscreen
- Spanish matador wipes away tears of bull before killing it
- Doctor in Surrey shows footage of men who 'stole' from his car
- Hilarious moment a group of gorillas try to stay out of the rain
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares video of her friend being mugged
- Hilarious moment cat grabs mail after waiting for postie
- Shocking moment students throw punches at deputy principal in brawl
- Lewis Hamilton fan surprised by Formula 1 car parked outside home
- Climate change activists protest from Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Man saves a choking Jack Russell terrier with Heimlich manoeuvre
- Female clubber stuns crowds by climbing onto second floor of pub