'We've adopted him!' Deborra-lee Furness says she and husband Hugh Jackman have taken 'adorable' actor Zac Efron under their wings
She joined husband Hugh Jackman on the red carpet of the Sydney premiere of his new film The Greatest Showman.
And Deborra-lee Furness gushed about her partner's co-star Zac Efron, even joking that they had adopted the Hollywood heartthrob.
'We've adopted him for the week, he's adorable,' the 62-year-old told Confidential on Thursday.
'We've adopted him for the week!' Deborra-lee Furness gushed over her husband Hugh Jackman's co-star Zac Efron, even joking that they had adopted the Hollywood heartthrob
The mother-of-two told the publication the heartthrob, who was in Australia earlier in the year for the Baywatch premiere, was excited to be back Down Under.
It seems Zac and Furness-Jackman family, including the couple's two children, Oscar, 17, and Ava, 12, have even developed a close bond.
The group even stopped for a dip in Bondi soon after arriving a few days ago.
Joining them was Zendaya, who also stars in The Greatest Showman, whom Deborra-lee said was enjoying Sydney, despite arriving wearing a full coat which was not suitable for the summer heat.
Welcome to the family! It seems Zac and Furness-Jackman family, including the couple's two children Oscar, 17, and Ava, 12, have developed a close bond
Adjusting: Deborra-lee said Zendaya, who also stars in The Greatest Showman, was enjoying Sydney despite arriving in Australia wearing full coat, which was not suitable for the heat
Aside from The Great Showman premiere, Deborra-lee was also in Sydney to host the National Adoption Awareness Week cocktail event for her organisation Adopt Change, which she founded in 2008.
'I feel passionate about this … I'd love to see Australia leading the way with this issue. In the adoption world, we are on the bottom of the rung.
'We (Australia as a country) are known as not being good at adoption so I want to flip that,' she said.
Activist: Aside from The Great Showman premiere, the blonde beauty was also in Sydney to host the National Adoption Awareness Week cocktail event for her organisation Adopt Change, which she founded in 2008
Happy family: The couple have been passionate advocates for adoption in Australia and have adopted two children Oscar and Ava, now 17 and 12 respectively (pictured in 2012)
On Wednesday, Deborra-lee and Hugh coordinated their red carpet outfit at the premiere for The Greatest Showman.
The power couple donned adorably similar black suits for the lavish event, held at The Star.
To differentiate herself from her husband's well-fitted suit she teamed her look with a black skinny tie, waistcoat, shorts and platform shoes.
Power couple: Hugh and Deborra-Lee donned adorably similar black suits for the lavish event, held at The Star
Most watched News videos
- Wrestlers surround Silver King after he collapses in ring
- Shocking road rage footage shows man smashing windscreen
- Spanish matador wipes away tears of bull before killing it
- Doctor in Surrey shows footage of men who 'stole' from his car
- Hilarious moment a group of gorillas try to stay out of the rain
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares video of her friend being mugged
- Hilarious moment cat grabs mail after waiting for postie
- Shocking moment students throw punches at deputy principal in brawl
- Lewis Hamilton fan surprised by Formula 1 car parked outside home
- Climate change activists protest from Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Man saves a choking Jack Russell terrier with Heimlich manoeuvre
- Female clubber stuns crowds by climbing onto second floor of pub