Jessica Chastain looks in high spirits ahead of Jimmy Kimmel Live... before showing her support for Time's Up cause that helps 'less privileged women' fight sexual harassment
She donated $50,000 to the Time's Up cause that helps 'less privileged women' fight sexual harassment.
And Jessica Chastain was sure to show her support for the initiative as she donned a slogan shirt to leave the Jimmy Kimmel Live studios in Hollywood on Wednesday.
She had arrived at the set looking typically stylish in a navy dress with black accents and a hanky hemline.
Scroll down for video
Political: She donated $50,000 to the Time's Up cause that helps 'less privileged women' fight sexual harassment. And Jessica Chastain was sure to show her support for the initiative as she donned a slogan shirt to leave the Jimmy Kimmel Live studios in Hollywood on Wednesday
Time’s Up aims to support women who bring complaints of sexual harassment and abuse and was launched Monday with the support of actresses and executives including Reese Witherspoon, Shonda Rhimes, Natalie Portman and Kerry Washington.
Put together by a group of influential female attorneys in Tinseltown and published the week of the Golden Globes Awards.
The letter acknowledges the privilege enjoyed in Hollywood and calls for a national sea change in gender equality.
Blue-tiful! Jessica She had arrived at the set looking typically stylish in a navy dress with black accents and a hanky hemline teamed with high-heeled black sandals
Activist: She has been an outspoken critic of discrimination and abuse against women in Hollywood and she made sure to show support for the coalition formed to support victims
Star with a message: Jessica was spotted leaving the talk show in an all-black ensemble of sleeveless top and high-waisted slacks promoting the Time's Up initiative
Generating buzz: Just 24 hours earlier, Jessica had glammed it up at the Palm Springs International Film Festival's gala where she received the coveted Chairman's Award
The coalition is asking women to wear black at the Golden Globes in on Sunday in a sign of solidarity with the victims of sexual harassment who have spoken out over the last few months.
Who gave what? Legal fund donors
Almost 5,000 people had donated a total of $13.7million to the Time's Up fund by Tuesday.
Below are some of the highest profile donors, and the amount they donated.
- Steven Spielberg and his wife Kate Capshaw - $2million
- J.J. Abrams and his wife Katie McGrath - $1million
- Reese Witherspoon - $500,000
- Meryl Streep - $500,000
- Jennifer Aniston - $500,000
- Shonda Rhimes, producer - $500,000
- Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm head - $250,000
- Taylor Swift - $100,000
- Oprah Winfrey - $100,000
- Emma Stone - $50,000
- Natalie Portman - $50,000
- Cate Blanchett - $50,000
- Jessica Chastain - $50,000
- Anne Hathaway - $25,000
- Blake Lively - $25,000
- Jessica Capshaw - $25,000
- Sheryl Sandberg -$25,000
- Justin Timberlake and his wife Jessica Biel - $25,000
- Donations are being accepted through Go Fund Me
Jessica has been nominated for Best Actress in the upcoming ceremony for her leading role in the film Molly's Game, as has the film's screenplay, which was written by the director Aaron Sorkin.
The film is based on Molly Bloom's memoir, Molly's Game: From Hollywood's Elite to Wall Street's Billionaire Boys Club, My High-Stakes Adventure in the World of Underground Poker.
Jessica was continuing to promote the Aaron Sorkin-directed feature during her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's late night show.
The actress arrived at the ABC studio in Hollywood wearing a sleeveless navy and black frock.
She left the bodice unfastened for a more causal look and stepped out in high-heeled black sandals.
She wore her trademark flame-red hair loose and had bright red color on her lips.
Just 24 hours earlier, Jessica had glammed it up on the red carpet at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
She was at the festival's star-studded gala night to receive the coveted Chairman's Award.
Also seen arriving at Jimmy Kimmel Live was recording artist and music mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs.
The 48-year-old wore a blue sweater with a roaring tiger motif on the front and faded blue jeans.
Diddy also has a project to promote - his new Fox show The Four: The Battle for Stardom that premieres on Thursday.
He joins Fergie, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and Charlie Walk in the latest incarnation of a singing reality show competition.
Eye of the tiger: Also seen arriving at Jimmy Kimmel Live was recording artist and music mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs who wore a blue sweater with a roaring tiger motif on the front
Most watched News videos
- Hilarious moment a group of gorillas try to stay out of the rain
- Dramatic Met Police footage shows moment of moped gang arrests
- Hilarious moment cat grabs mail after waiting for postie
- Spanish matador wipes away tears of bull before killing it
- Wrestlers surround Silver King after he collapses in ring
- Man saves a choking Jack Russell terrier with Heimlich manoeuvre
- Megan Barton-Hanson shares video of her friend being mugged
- Lewis Hamilton fan surprised by Formula 1 car parked outside home
- Not a 'pool'-dog: Hero owner saves bulldog from drowning in pool
- Shocking moment woman 'slaps' seated passenger in first-class
- Alki David posts bail after 'smuggling' millions worth of cannabis
- Shocking moment students throw punches at deputy principal in brawl