And the award for the biggest fashion faux pas goes to... Celebrities contend for the crown of WORST dressed at the National Television Awards (featuring some VERY garish faux fur)
- The stars of the small screen descended on the red carpet for the National Television Awards on Tuesday
- Some celebrities' red carpet ensembles failed to hit the mark, fashion-wise
- EastEnders star Lacey Turner's very quirky dress left her looking a little washed out
- Tallia Storm accessorised her fitted floral dress with a bubblegum pink fur jacket and heavy make-up
On the most glamorous night of the year for the British television industry, small screen celebrities pulled out all the stops to look their best.
But some unfortunately failed to set the red carpet alight with their style choices.
From pairing trainers with dresses to the designs that commanded attention for all the wrong reasons, FEMAIL reveals some of the fashion faux pas from TV's big night.
Scottish singer Tallia Storm commanded attention in a black and white stripe number overlain with a bright pink floral detail
She accessorised with a bright pink faux fur coat and a tiny pink Dolce and Gobbanna bag as she posed with a female friend
Strictly Come Dancing head judge Shirley Ballas wore a very tight dress embellished with hundreds of eye-catching sequins
Singer Tallia Storm made sure all eyes were own her in a black and white striped midi dress with a garish floral detail, but stole the show for all the wrong reason.
Talia, 19, accessorised her garish frock with a huge bright pink faux fur coat, similar to the fluffy grey number worn by a friend who joined her on the red carpet.
And not far behind the Celebs Go Dating star were other big names who made big sartorial slip ups.
Strictly Come Dancing head judge Shirley Ballas wore a glittery number that seemed more suited to the ballroom contests that made her famous than a glitzy awards ceremony.
The tight-fitting gown was embellished almost top to bottom in rhinestones, ensuring the 57-year-old stood out in the red carpet crush.
Former TOWIE star Danielle Armstrong, 29, wore an unflattering black gown complete with mesh panels at the back
EastEnders Lacey Turner, 29, looked washed out by the luminous colours in her mid length dress
Hollyoaks star Sarah Jayne Dunn, 36, flaunted both her cleavage and her navel in a very fussy gown at the awards
Also sporting a rather daring gown was former TOWIE star Danielle Armstrong, 29, who showed off her curves in an unflattering cold shoulder number.
The dress featured a sequin waistband as well as cut outs to the arm, giving the blonde a frumpy silhouette.
Opting to go for a splash of colour, EastEnders regular Lacey Turner went for a luminious pink dress with a clashing floral pattern.
The actress, who plays Stacey Fowler in the BBC One soap, looked washed out by the bright colours in her outfit.
Loose Women's Stacey Solomon, 28, swapped her stilettos for a comfortable pair of trainers and seemed thrilled to show them off
TOWIE star turned country singer Megan McKenna, 25, made sure all eyes were on her in a garish rose print dress
Sarah Harding, 36, who made her TV comeback in Celebrity Big Brother, clashed with the red carpet in this bright gown, which resembled a bed sheet
Geri Horner, 45, wore an unflattering floor length blue gown, which she accessorised with long gold chains
She wasn't the only soapstar who got it wrong, though, as Hollyoaks actress Sarah Jayne Dunn, 36, arrived in a very out there dress.
The star, who plays Mandy in the Channel 4 soap, flashed her cleavage and navel in a very low cut gown, that was also slashed at the thigh.
Representing the ITV crowd was Loose Women panelist Stacey Solomon, who decided to pair her blue satin dress with a pair of trainers.
Caroline Flack, 38, showed off her trademark pins in this bizarre metallic silver number, which looked a little like tin foil
Hollyoaks actress Chelsee Healey, 29, flashed a lot of flesh in this daring black gown, including a very raunchy display of sideboob
Love Island's Amber Davies, 21, failed to impress in this disco-inspired jumpsuit and huge curled hair do for her big night on the red carpet
The 28-year-old shunned an uncomfortable pair of stilettos for her kicks, which she flaunted proudly underneath her waterfall-hemmed frock.
Megan McKenna, 25, commanded attention in a garish rose print dress that also featured a dramatic waterfall hemline.
The former TOWIE star turned country singer showcased her never ending pins and deep tan as the fussy dress blew in the wind.
Most watched News videos
- Man saves a choking Jack Russell terrier with Heimlich manoeuvre
- MP Charles Walker says 'ITV should stop making Jeremy Kyle Show'
- Kate receives flowers from young boy during Bletchley Park visit
- Model admits injecting 59″ booty filler was a big mistake
- Fans destroy and customize James Charles palettes after scandal
- Stepping into a Croc filled with shaving foam is satisfying
- Shocking moment woman 'slaps' seated passenger in first-class
- Baby is dropped as cop arrests mother for probation violation
- Prince Charles and Camilla host Queen's royal garden party
- Justin Hodges wins boxing fight against Troy McMahon
- TV psychologist says mental health should be important to TV producers
- Shocking video shows huge row between diners at Wetherspoons