'I see there's something there': Natalie Portman acknowledges doppelganger Millie Bobby Brown but says Stranger Things star is her 'own magical person'
Fans of Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown like to point out how much the British teen actress resembles Hollywood star Natalie Portman.
And on Wednesday, MTV shared a clip of the Black Swan Oscar winner reacting to the comparison.
Portman, who parodied Millie's Stranger Things character Eleven on SNL, repeated an exchange she had with Brown, 14, at the Golden Globes in January.
Doppelgangers? Natalie Portman, in LA last week, was asked by MTV about looking very like Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown, right in London Wednesday
Kind: Portman revealed she'd met Millie at the Golden Globes in January, pictured, and while flattered people think they look alike, told the teen she's her 'own magical person'
Hero worship: The British actress, 14, responded on Twitter, saying it had been 'a dream come true' to meet the black Swan Oscar winner at the awards show
'She came up to me and was like, ‘People keep telling me I look like the kid version of you!’ I was so flattered because she’s absolutely adorable and so talented. I’m like, ‘That is very nice, but I think you’re your own magical person,'' Portman said.
Portman said she's not convinced, however, that they are very similar.
'I see that there’s something there, but I also find her much more magical than I see myself,' she explained. 'She’s really wonderful.'
After MTV tweeted out the video, Brown also took to Twitter.
She tweeted: 'Was a dream come true meeting Natalie! So beautiful and talented.'
Who's that girl? While she looks like child star Millie, it's in fact Portman at eight years old
Social media frenzy: Fans have been swapping comparison pictures on Twitter pointing out the similarities between the two actresses
Identical: In another comparison tweet, someone pointed out how much Millie looks like the character Natalie played in Beautiful Girls back in 1996 when she's the age Brown is now
On Saturday Night Live earlier this month, Portman delivered a spot on impression of Eleven.
In the skit, dubbed a faux trailer for Stranger Things 3, she encountered others who also had special gifts, such as Beck Bennett who played '14' who could start fires with his mind but it made him ‘throw up a little bit in my mouth’, and Cecily Strong who was ’nine’ who could mind read but it made her ‘fart.’
Luke Null then played a boy who made fantastic chili but it caused his brain to bleed, while Aidy Bryant said she could do ‘a pretty good Borat impression’ but it sent her into a coma.
Parody: On the February 3 edition of Saturday Night Live, Portman, 36, spoofed Millie's character Eleven in a faux trailer for season 3 of Stranger Things
Most watched News videos
- Baby is dropped as cop arrests mother for probation violation
- Theresa May insists Conservatives are the real Brexit Party
- Adorable sloth smiles and waves at the man who rescued it from road
- Little girl impersonates Ocasio-Cortez and shows off 'electric car'
- Crazy moment one person is jumped by four women at McDonald's
- 'Politicians should smell the coffee': Man is against People's Vote
- Shocking video shows huge row between diners at Wetherspoons
- Worker films gaping hole in warehouse after fighter jet crash
- Model admits injecting 59″ booty filler was a big mistake
- Theresa May avoids saying Conservatives WILL deliver Brexit
- Amber Rudd is 'not surprised' Boris Johnson wants to be PM
- Satisfying moment garden chair is cleaned after ten years