'I had to lie to my children twice a week': Drew Barrymore reveals her stint on the famed Santa Clarita Diet series forced her to lie to her kids... and lose 20 pounds
She recently revealed that the Santa Clarita Diet worked for more than just her career, having lost 20 pounds while filming the hit series.
And Drew Barrymore, 43, has revealed that filming the famed Netflix show forced her to lie to her children about twice a week.
In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, the red-haired Hollywood actress revealed that filming the gory series meant she was constantly covered in fake blood.
Hungry? Drew Barrymore, 43, has revealed that filming the famed Netflix series Santa Clarita Diet forced her to lie to her children about twice a week
On this, she shared: 'I had to lie to my children several times. On some nights I would miss parts of the blood and every single time my kids would be like "Mum, what's that?" and I was like …"Paint! We were, um, painting at work today".'
In the series, the mother-of-two plays the role of zombie-mum Sheila, with faux blood being an essential, everyday set prop.
The 50 First Dates star added: 'Because if I say it's blood there's follow-up questions. So I lie and say its paint, but it happens about twice a week.'
Got beef with anyone? 'I had to lie to my children several times. On some nights I would miss parts of the blood and every single time my kids would be like "Mum, what's that?" and I was like …"Paint! We were, um, painting at work today",' the star said of working on a gory set
Having filmed two seasons of the hit series – with the second season landing on Netflix this Friday – Drew revealed that filming the second season was much easier than the first.
On this, she elaborated, explaining: 'Last [season] was also a little bit "How are we going to make this work?" So it's less apologetic, less confusing, less overwhelming".'
Having had three unsuccessful marriages, the ET famed actress says she's happily single and loving life, following her tough childhood.
Having grown up in the spotlight, the talented star found herself in rehab on several occasions during her teenage years.
The Charlie's Angels sensation revealed that, while she's acted in some of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters, her current role on Santa Clarita Diet is her most rewarding yet.
Californian-born Drew is an actress, producer, director and author.
Hollywood sensation! Having filmed two seasons of the hit series – with the second season landing on Netflix on Friday – Drew revealed that filming the second season was much easier
Most watched News videos
- Wild dog plays dead to escape the jaws of a lion in Africa
- Hilarious moment Irishman screams as bat flies around his house
- Man is fined after covering himself before face recognition cameras
- Horrific new footage shows catastrophic Russian plane crash
- Terrifying moment exorcist fights demon inside a woman on a busy train
- Crazy moment one person is jumped by four women at McDonald's
- Male elephant in South Africa whacks calf twice with its trunk
- CCTV shows moments before Alexandre Pigeard was stabbed to death
- Satisfying moment garden chair is cleaned after ten years
- Boris Johnson avoids answering reporter's questions
- 'With my bare hands': chilling moment sex offender boasts of slaying
- Adorable sloth smiles and waves at the man who rescued it from road