Eddie Redmayne becomes a father for the second time as wife Hannah gives birth to a son named Luke
- The 36-year-old actor announced the news in the Births, Marriages and Deaths section of The Times newspaper this weekend
- He shares 21-month-old daughter Iris with his wife Hannah and they announced their second pregnancy last November
- Eddie married his long-term partner Hannah, a PR executive from London, in December 2014
- It comes just days after Eddie paid tribute to last physicist Stephen Hawking - who died on Wednesday - four years after winning an Academy Award for his portrayal in the biopic The Theory Of Everything
Eddie Redmayne has welcomed his second child with wife Hannah.
The 36-year-old actor's wife - with whom he already has 21-month-old daughter Iris - gave birth to their son last Saturday and Eddie has revealed that they've named him Luke Richard Bagshawe.
A 'delighted' Eddie told The Times newspaper: 'On 10th March 2018 to Hannah (Bagshawe) and Edward, a son, Luke Richard Bagshawe, brother to Iris.'
Confirmed: Eddie Redmayne welcomed a second child with his wife Hannah Bagshawe (seen here in January) last weekend
The couple confirmed they were expecting again in November, in a statement to MailOnline.
It was revealed: 'Eddie and Hannah Redmayne are delighted to confirm they are expecting their second child.'
Eddie married PR executive Hannah, also from London, at Babington House in December 2014 after a two-year romance.
News of their joyous new arrival comes just four days after Eddie lamented the loss of genius Stephen Hawking, the physicist he portrayed in 2015 biopic The Theory Of Everything.
The on-screen star paid tribute on Wednesday in a statement that said: 'We have lost a truly beautiful mind, an astonishing scientist and the funniest man I have ever had the pleasure to meet. My love and thoughts are with his extraordinary family.'
Expanding the family: The duo already share 21-month-old daughter Iris
Confirmed: Eddie has become a father for the second time, it was revealed this weekend
The Fantastic Beasts And Where to Find Them star recently revealed his daughter Iris has just begun sleeping through the night, so he is preparing himself for more sleepless nights with the new baby.
Eddie said: 'We've just about got to that stage where we're just beginning to sort of get sleep and remember what that word means. I'm getting prepped to go back into the trenches.'
And Iris is was still getting to grips with the idea of becoming a big sister - as she believed that Eddie was also carrying a new baby.
Heartache: Just this week, Eddie lamented the loss of the physicist Stephen Hawking (pictured together in February 2015), four years after winning an Oscar for his portrayal in the biopic The Theory Of Everything
He explained: 'I thought she was genius child because she came up to Hannah and started kissing her tummy and saying "Baby! Baby in there."
'I was like, "Ah, amazing!" 'Then she came up to me, kissed my tummy, kissed her own tummy and said, "Baby in there." Uh... not quite. She also calls her toy monkey "Baby," so... '
Last year, 'The Theory of Everything' actor revealed that 'nothing can prepare you' for fatherhood, but admitted that becoming a parent was an 'extraordinary' feeling. He said at the time: 'I don't think anything can prepare [you].
The amazing thing is, everything that everyone tells you beforehand - which is all cliché - is true. You've heard it all before, and yet when you're experiencing it, it feels like the first time, and you suddenly start telling everyone these things as if they're completely new and original thoughts.
And they're like, 'Yeah that's the cliché.' 'But all the things [like] different parts of your heart opening ... it's really extraordinary. There's this amazing thing with children - whenever you're having a bit of a tired moment or something, it's like, she's always just one stop ahead of you, smiling you along. It's great.'
Expecting: The couple (here in January) confirmed that they were expecting another baby in November
Most watched News videos
- Missing man Aron Kato caught on camera for final time in Newham
- Shocking moment teacher appears to bodyslam epileptic student
- CCTV shows woman in Cheshire stealing cash from kid's wallet
- Alan Jones shuts down female panellist during fiery Q&A debate
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Hammer jammed in man's helmet after London 'hijacking' incident
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Shocking CCTV shows homeless man beaten outside sandwich bar
- Two men arrested after video shows man urinating on boy's memorial
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Video shows taxi driver dump passenger on pavement after argument