'He would prefer it if I was DEAD': Rose McGowan brands Harvey Weinstein a 'monster' and claims the disgraced movie mogul hired a 'SPY company to harass and intimidate her'
She has been at the vanguard of a drastic culture change in Hollywood.
And Rose McGowan has discussed the alleged assault at the hands of disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein in a candid interview with the Mirror.
The American actress, 44, defiantly admitted she is 'not afraid' to speak out, after claiming she has been intimidated and followed by an Israeli spy company employed by the movie mogul, 65, in a bid to counteract her story.
Speaking out: Rose McGowan, 44, has discussed the alleged assault at the hands of disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein in a candid interview with the Mirror
'I'm sure he would prefer it if I were dead, he's a sociopath,' she told the publication.
'I am not afraid – but I should be.
'The people around him, that have supported him in his attempt to dominate and abuse women, are monsters, just as much as he is'.
The Charmed star added there was no 'rehabilitation' for the film boss and that he 'needs to fall off the planet.'
Brave: The actress defiantly admitted she is 'not afraid' to speak out, after claiming she has been intimidated by a spy company employed by the movie mogul (pictured together in 2007)
Rose, who has previously spoke out about her alleged assault in a candid memoir Brave, also accused Harvey Weinstein of enlisting the help of a spy company to 'ruin her life' by hacking her computer and releasing photos.
The New York Times published excerpts, in which she recounted the alleged assault she suffered at the hands of the disgraced movie producer at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival.
In the book, she claims she had an appointment with Weinstein on the day of the incident but arrived to learn her breakfast meeting had been moved to his hotel suite.
'I am not afraid': The Charmed star added there was no 'rehabilitation' for the film boss and that he 'needs to fall off the planet'
Once she got to the suite, she claims that Weinstein tore off her clothing, made her sit on the edge of the Jacuzzi in his suite and proceeded to perform oral sex on the actress while masturbating himself to completion.
Soon after this alleged assault, McGowan received a $100,000 settlement from the disgraced mogul.
Through his lawyers, Weinstein denied the incident.
It's been an emotional time for McGowan, who recently spoke out following the death of her former manager Jill Messick, who took her own life last month.
Rose said, 'For Jill: May your family find some measure of solace during this pain.'
Changing Hollywood: Rose previously spoke out about her alleged assault in a candid memoir Brave
Most watched News videos
- Missing man Aron Kato caught on camera for final time in Newham
- Shocking moment teacher appears to bodyslam epileptic student
- CCTV shows woman in Cheshire stealing cash from kid's wallet
- Alan Jones shuts down female panellist during fiery Q&A debate
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Hammer jammed in man's helmet after London 'hijacking' incident
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Shocking CCTV shows homeless man beaten outside sandwich bar
- Two men arrested after video shows man urinating on boy's memorial
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Video shows taxi driver dump passenger on pavement after argument