Breaking the fourth wall! Ryan Reynolds makes a snarky reference to his wife Blake Lively in latest Deadpool 2 trailer
It's the exact type of humor that's endeared Deadpool to its fans.
In a newly-released teaser for Deadpool 2, the film's titular character, played by Ryan Reynolds, makes an inside reference to the work of his wife Blake Lively, 30, and her 2005 film Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
'Doing the right thing is messy, but if you want to fight for what’s right, sometimes you have to fight dirty - and that is why Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is straight-up pornography,' Reynolds, 41, deadpanned (in costume) of Blake's film.
Scroll below for video
Inside joke: Deadpool, played by Ryan Reynolds, makes an inside reference to wife Blake Lively's 2005 film Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants in a new preview for Deadpool 2
Another sequence in the trailer that could potentially be a reference to the movie comes as Deadpool is chatting with the bartender Weasel, played by T.J. Miller, with a nod to the 2008 sequel The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Reynolds said, 'It lives up to the hype, plus, plus,' while Miller noted, 'F**k it, they probably won't even make a three.'
Deadpool said, 'Why would they? Stop at two, you killed it!'
Ryan's wife reunited with her three co-stars from the movie - America Ferrera, Alexis Bledel and Amber Tamblyn - just after the new year in a shot Ferrera posted to social media.
'Starting the New Year off with blessings from my Sisterhood,' Ferrara wrote.
Funnies: The film was also referred to in a chat between Deadpool and the bartender Weasel, played by T.J. Miller
Reunited: (L-R) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants stars Alexis Bledel, America Ferrera, Amber Tamblyn and Lively got together earlier this year
Glamorous: Lively and Reynolds were snapped at a gala in NYC in 2016
The crack went over big with fans on Twitter, as a number of users seemed to get a kick out of the inside reference Reynolds made about his wife of five years.
'I'm crying at [Ryan] telling that the sisterhood of the traveling pants is pure pornography,' one user wrote, while another said, 'The joke on Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is porn made me laugh.'
The sequel to the 2016 hit Deadpool co-stars Josh Brolin and Morena Baccarin, while Brianna Hildebrand, Stefan Kapicic and Leslie Uggams reprise their roles from the motion picture, which took in more than $783 million worldwide.
The film hits theaters May 18.
Applause! Many fans took to Twitter to praise the tongue-in-cheek preview for the film
Most watched News videos
- CCTV shows woman in Cheshire stealing cash from kid's wallet
- WARNING: Armed assassin executes lawyer inside his office
- Alan Jones shuts down female panellist during fiery Q&A debate
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Video shows taxi driver dump passenger on pavement after argument
- Two men arrested after video shows man urinating on boy's memorial
- Shocking moment teacher appears to bodyslam epileptic student
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- What a day for a garden party! Queen smiles talking to guests
- Shocking CCTV shows homeless man beaten outside sandwich bar