'I thought I was going to die!' Emily Blunt reveals she was terrified while filming iconic Mary Poppins flying scene because she's afraid of heights
Emily Blunt thought she would 'die' when she had to fly as Mary Poppins.
The 35-year-old actress portrays the magical nanny in the upcoming 'Mary Poppins Returns' and she admitted an iconic scene featuring her using her umbrella to fly was very scary to film because she's afraid of heights - but it was still an 'incredible' moment.
Asked what went through her mind when she first got to fly, she told Entertainment Tonight: 'Whether I thought I was going to die. ... Fifty feet in the air, yeah.
Just a spoonful of sugar: Emily Blunt stars as the magical nanny in the upcoming Mary Poppins returns
Iconic scene: The trailer shows Mary Poppins floating down from above with an umbrella¬†
Frightened: The actress, seen here earlier this month, said she is scared of heights¬†
'I'm not amazing with heights and it was one of those things where they kind of [get] you up there and there's the moment before they bring you down for the shot, and it seems like that moment extends for a forever time frame.
'You're so high that if you look out you're higher than the trees and you look down. ... But it was an incredible moment, you know. Very disarming.'
The British actress stars with Lin-Manuel Miranda in the movie and she was in awe of the 'Hamilton' creator.
She said: 'Awesome. So talented. So cool.'
Emily - who has daughters Hazel, four, and Violet, 21 months, with husband John Krasinski - previously admitted she was 'intimidated' by a huge dance routine she had to perform in the upcoming movie.
She said: 'There's a huge dance number, which was slightly intimidating for me.
'I think I did all right. I mean, we did it 55,000 times, so I hope they got something.'
Emily recently admitted she's unsure her older daughter will be impressed by her turn as Mary Poppins because she's so 'in love' with Dame Julie Andrews in the original 1964 movie.
She said: 'I have a deep dread she is simply going to reject my version. [I'm scared she'll] be, like, 'You are not Mary Poppins', because she is so in love with Julie Andrews and she knows every single song.'¬†
Most watched News videos
- Video shows taxi driver dump passenger on pavement after argument
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Alan Jones shuts down female panellist during fiery Q&A debate
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy‚Äôs stolen dirt bike
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- CCTV shows woman in Cheshire stealing cash from kid's wallet
- Two men arrested after video shows man urinating on boy's memorial
- Prince William and Kate meet therapy dog Max at Buckingham Palace
- 900-lb man arrives in ambulance for drugs trial held in loading dock
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- Shocking CCTV shows homeless man beaten outside sandwich bar