Ben Affleck wears Mr Average outfit to film Triple Frontier (and hides THAT midlife crisis tattoo)
Filming is finally underway for the Netflix movie Triple Frontier.
Ben Affleck, 45, was snapped in normal-guy attire in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii while shooting a scene for the upcoming film.
The film, which is expected to be re-titled, is finally being made after years in limbo.
Back in action: Ben Affleck, 45, was snapped in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii while shooting a scene for new Netflix film Triple Frontier
A series of photographs showed the Batman v Superman actor shooting a scene while dressed in khakis, a tucked in blue polo shirt, and a pair of grey New Balance sneakers.
Ben heads the film's ensemble cast, which also features Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Pedro Pascal, Garrett Hedlund and Adria Arjona.
J.C. Chandor is directing the Mark Boal-penned drama, which is being produced by Charles Roven, Alex Gartner, and Andy Horwitz.
Normal guy: The Batman v Superman actor was seen dressed in khakis, a tucked in blue polo shirt, and a pair of grey New Balance sneakers
Last July, Ben dropped out of the film to focus on personal issues and focus on his family.
Back then, he was going to star in it with brother Casey Affleck and Mahershala Ali, but both have had to back out since due to scheduling conflicts.
The Accountant star stayed on the film nonetheless, and has been living and training in Oahu, with filming finally begging on Monday.
Finally: After years in limbo, shooting has finally begun on the J.C. Chandor-directed picture
According to Deadline, 'Netflix took on the picture after Paramount let go of it after Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum dropped out weeks before production was to begin.'
The script was originally written by Mark Boal for his Hurt Locker partner Kathryn Bigelow to direct.
The film takes its title from its setting in the infamous border zone of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil, however, that area has become less dangerous since the movie was originally penned.
Chandor has updated the script in recent years, and the picture will shoot in Hawaii, Colombia, and California.
Body art: The A-lister was snapped with his now infamous tattoo on the beach in Honolulu, Hawaii while preparing to film Triple Frontier
A little over a week ago, the A-lister was snapped with his now infamous tattoo on the beach in Honolulu, Hawaii while preparing to film Triple Frontier.
The enormous colorful tattoo of a phoenix covers his entire back, in addition to a pair of designs on each shoulder.
Affleck took to the tide with actors Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, and Oscar Isaac toting lifeguard equipment, as the quartet trained for the Netflix movie.
Break from work: Ben Affleck and Lindsay Shookus enjoyed a kayak jaunt in Honolulu on Tuesday after the actor finished filming Triple Frontier
A good laugh: The couple were seen smiling while out in the water together
Most watched News videos
- Viewers heartbroken as Edwin passes away shortly after filming stops
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Moped gang with foot-long machetes raid jewellers in Maida Vale
- Brave men catch moped gang member and flog him with a belt
- Prince William and Kate meet therapy dog Max at Buckingham Palace
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- Police arrest a raging easyJet passenger and drag him off plane
- A cheeky badger breaks into a house and raids the freezer and bins
- MP Jess Phillips quarrels with anti-LGBT teaching protesters
- Dad builds Beetle he made out of WOOD from Peru to New York
- Hospitality expert reacts to Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain collapse
- Chelsea Flower Show winner goes to design WITHOUT flowers