Nick Gordon will NOT face criminal charges for allegedly beating his girlfriend after she recants statement and tells police she's bipolar
- Gordon was arrested in March after he called police to claim he was the victim
- In a tearful 911 call, he said girlfriend Laura Leal was beating him up
- Police arrested him and charged him with domestic assault instead
- Laura then recanted her statement and the charges have been dropped
- It was the second time he has been arrested for allegedly beating her
- After the first in 2017, she dropped her complaint and said it was her fault
- Gordon has been blamed for the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown in 2015
Nick Gordon, pictured in his March 11 mugshot, will no longer face charges for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend Laura Leal
Nick Gordon is no longer facing criminal charges for allegedly beating his girlfriend after she recanted her police statement and told a judge their altercation was her fault because she is bipolar.
Gordon, who has been blamed for the death of his ex Bobbi Kristina, was arrested for allegedly beating Laura Leal on March 11.
It was the second time he had been taken into custody for allegedly beating her. The first was in 2017 when she said he pinned her down to a bed. They reconciled afterwards.
On March 11, it was Gordon who called 911 to say Laura was 'acting crazy'.
Officers however arrested him when they arrived and accused him of hitting her in the face.
In a police report, Leal claimed she had picked him up from a bar at 1am and that he started punching her in the face repeatedly.
She later recanted her statement in a letter to the judge in the case, blaming the entire altercation on herself and claiming that police were wrong to say her lip was bleeding when they found her and that it was just 'chapped'.
Gordon called 911 claiming Leal had gone 'insane' on him and was throwing bottles at him but it was he who was arrested
Now that her statement has been retracted and police have no further evidence of assault, the charges have been dropped.
The 911 call was obtained by TMZ.
In it, Gordon is heard sobbing as he tells the operator that he feels 'so lame' because he is being 'beat up by a woman'.
'My girlfriend is acting insane on me! She's called the cops on me before,' he said.
As Laura yelled in the background, he grew increasingly upset then started crying.
'Bro I have scratches all, like I am a black person. I need her to go, please. This has gotten way out of control. She just ripped my shirt!' he said at one stage.
Gordon and Leal previously broke up after a different altercation in 2017. They reconciled and told DailyMail.com afterwards that it was all a misunderstanding
After their 2017 fight, pictures emerged of the bruises on Leal's arm which she said Gordon inflicted
In 2017, after they got back together following his first alleged assault of her, the pair sat down with DailyMailTV to discuss their tumultuous relationship.
'I take full responsibility and that's why charges were dropped because it really was me [to blame],' she said.
According to Laura - who told cops Gordon had held her hostage in his room and that she could only escape when she grabbed a candlestick, hit him and fled - it was she who was the aggressor in the scenario not Gordon.
She explained: 'I was very drunk. I was belligerently drunk…I think after hours of arguing we were both just out of our right minds.'
She said the concussion she suffered and required treatment for was due to a drunken fall and not him hitting her.
Bobbi Kristina's family have long blamed her untimely death on the man.
They were dating when she died and they believe he led to her passing by supplying her with an endless stream of drugs after her mother, Whitney Houston, died.
Gordon was dating Bobbi Kristina Brown when she died in 2015. Her family blame him for her untimely death
Most watched News videos
- Viewers heartbroken as Edwin passes away shortly after filming stops
- Dashcam captures F-16 pilot ejecting from plane before crash
- Brave men catch moped gang member and flog him with a belt
- Prince William and Kate meet therapy dog Max at Buckingham Palace
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- MP Jess Phillips quarrels with anti-LGBT teaching protesters
- Moped gang with foot-long machetes raid jewellers in Maida Vale
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Man crashes motorcycle doing tricks to impress people in Mexico
- Footage of London Bridge 'skateboard hero' who fought terrorists
- Alan Jones shuts down female panellist during fiery Q&A debate
- Hospitality expert reacts to Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain collapse