'Get the hell out of my house!' The tense moment Lucious discovers Eddie's plot to sell Empire in drama-filled new episode
- Eddie has been re-branding the company in hopes of selling it to a tech CEO
- Lucious and Cookie are furious when they discover his plan and refuse to sell
- Cookie is in hospital after suffering a heart attack and collapsing
- Catch up on all episodes of Empire on FOX NOW
Sponsored by FOX's Empire
Empire Entertainment has been the center of the Lyons' world for decades, standing strong in the face of business battles and family feuds.
But it looks as though time may be up for the company, after Eddie revealed his shocking plan to sell it off during a tense standoff with Lucious and Cookie.
'I stepped in when you needed me,' Eddie fumed in last night's episode of the show. 'They think that Empire is a joke.'
Furious: Lucious Lyon is left simmering with rage after learning that Eddie is planning to sell Empire to a tech CEO in order to make some quick cash for himself and the company
Standoff: Eddie (left) has been quietly working on re-branding Empire, but Lucious (right) is adamant that he will not sell the company he has spent years building
'I'm going to give you ten seconds to get the hell out of my house,' Lucious growled back.
Eddie, played by Forest Whitaker, has been quietly working on re-branding the company to make it more attractive to a tech CEO he believes is a potential buyer.
He had managed to keep his plot under wraps, but he slips up by asking Cookie and Lucious's eldest son Andre to look into company numbers for him.
Andre reveals Eddie's plans to his parents, resulting in the outburst from Lucious who adamantly refuses to sell.
Lucious has been left in control of Empire after Cookie was rushed to hospital at the end of last week's episode.
Uncovered: Andre Lyon (left) discovers that Eddie (right) is planning to make some quick cash for himself and Empire by selling the company to a tech giant
She suffered a heart attack and collapsed following a confrontation between Lucious and Andre, in which Andre confessed to planting the car bomb that left his father in a coma.
Despite being confined to her sick bed, Cookie is determined to keep running the company, so Lucious brings in her sisters to keep an eye on her.
But she's not letting up on business or family matters. Despite Eddie's objections, both Cookie and Lucious want their youngest son Hakeem to work on a song with his girlfriend Tiana to help her transition into her new pop image.
Shocked: Lucious tells Eddie that he has ten seconds to get out of his home after he learns of the plan to sell Empire
Elsewhere, things are not going too well for the Lyons' middle son Jamal who is trying to reform his own image and has allowed his PR to set up a high-profile television interview. But the plan backfires when Jamal has an outburst on national television.
While throwing all of her energy into work, Becky is also struggling with personal problems. Having discovered she is pregnant, she makes the decision to put her career over motherhood and has an abortion.
Watch all-new episodes of Empire on Wednesdays at 8/7c on FOX. Catch up on all episodes on FOX NOW.
Most watched News videos
- US soldier surprises daughter at her high school graduation
- Dashcam captures F-16 pilot ejecting from plane before crash
- The Queen describes a tin of Bloater Paste as 'disgusting'
- Brave men catch moped gang member and flog him with a belt
- Bodycam footage shows armed cop fatally shooting an active shooter
- AOC says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Theresa May delivers final plea to MPs to back her Brexit deal
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- YouTuber cuts through objects with a superheated sword