Will Meghan have TWO wedding dresses? Royal bride is expected to have a ‘traditional and elegant’ gown for the ceremony and a second more glamorous number for the evening – just like future sister-in-law Kate
- Insider says there has been 'talk of lace and sleeves' for her dress for ceremony
- Source also suggested the same designer will be responsible for both gowns
- The Duchess of Cambridge wore two wedding dresses on her big day in 2011
Prince Harry's fiancée, 36, is expected to have a 'traditional and elegant' wedding gown and a second more glamorous number.
According to a source, there has been 'talk of some lace and sleeves' when it comes to the dress she wears for the ceremony at St George's Chapel in Windsor.
The insider also suggested the same designer will be responsible for both wedding dresses - explaining that the person has been 'sworn to secrecy.'
The Duchess of Cambridge wore two wedding dresses on her big day in 2011, which were both designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton.
Meghan is expected to wear two wedding dresses on her big day - a 'traditional and elegant' gown for the ceremony and a more glamorous dress for the evening
A source told Vanity Fair: '[Meghan] will have two dresses, one for the ceremony and another dress for the evening.
'The plan is for her to change after the ceremony so that she can party the night away in something glamorous and less restrictive. The wedding dress itself will be traditional and elegant.'
The insider added: 'There is talk of some lace and sleeves and Meghan has been working very closely with the designer who has been sworn to secrecy.'
It comes as speculation mounts that Meghan has picked Burberry as the designer, with the former Suits actress being a long-standing fan of the British brand.
The Duchess of Cambridge wore two wedding dresses for her big day in 2011, both designed by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton
Kate's wore her second wedding dress, teamed with a bolero, for the evening reception
Sources have told the Mail about several meetings held recently by senior executives to co-ordinate to what has been described as a ‘major PR strategy’ around a ‘high profile’ dress.
‘These meetings have been shrouded in secrecy but it is understood that they concern the PR strategy for a seriously high profile dress,’ a source said.
‘No-one knows for sure whether Burberry has secured the commission for definite as this is all being done very much on a need-to-know basis.
There is mounting speculation that Meghan has picked Burberry's outgoing president Christopher Bailey as the designer for her big day
‘But there can be no more high profile dress this year than Meghan’s.‘
Fashion designer Henry Holland has also put his bet on Burberry's outgoing president Christopher Bailey on designing Meghan's dress.
Speaking to the Wedding Guest Extraordinaire podcast, Holland said: 'I personally really hope it's somebody British.
'I would be quite excited if it was Christopher Bailey's final bow for Burberry. I think that would be a nice thing for him to do, she's worn for them for a long time.'
Most watched News videos
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Aerials reveal catastrophic tornado damage in Jefferson City
- Crazed gunman storms into church and attacks worshippers
- Tour the inside of Oakland's secret Mormon temple
- Man beats his ex-girlfriend and attacks her hairdresser friend
- Moment a fan was viciously beaten by security after photo request
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Panorama: Shocking moment hospital worker insults vulnerable patient
- Philadelphia cops shoot an unarmed special needs man
- 80-year-old pelted with milkshake as he campaigns for Brexit Party
- Morgan Beck posts adorable and heartbreaking video of late daughter
- 'What you got?' Vivacious mail woman hypes up teen to perform dunk