John Stamos reveals wife Caitlin was in labor for just '20 minutes and breezed through' son's birth
It couldn't have been easier.
John Stamos has revealed that his wife Caitlin McHugh was only in labor for '20 minutes' with their first child.
The Fuller House star and Caitlin welcomed baby Billy into the world on Monday and the actor has revealed that his spouse 'breezed through' giving birth in almost no time at all.
That quick: John Stamos revealed that wife Caitlin McHugh was in labor for '20 minutes' with their first child, Billy, when he was at the WE Day celebration at the Forum in LA on Thursday
He said: 'My wife was so beautiful and so graceful through it all, like she does life. I mean, she just kind of breezed through,' he dished to Entertainment Tonight at the WE Day celebration at the Forum in Inglewood, Los Angeles on Thursday.
'I hate to tell women, but she did it in about 20 minutes. It happens so fast and then they were like, "Take pictures! Grab her leg!" And then it was over, but it was just beautiful.'
The 54-year-old hunk has already had an emotional moment with his newborn son too, as he revealed he shed tears while singing the tot a song.
He recalled: 'I woke up this morning and I sang him House At Pooh Corner, the Christopher Robin [song]. I started crying. It was great.'
Proud papa: On Monday, the 54-year-old shared this cute snap of Billy laying on his bare chest captioned, 'From now on, the best part of me will always be my wife and my son. Welcome Billy Stamos (named after my father) #NotJustanUncleAnymore #Overjoyed
John couldn’t be happier after becoming a first time father, as he says everything is 'more exciting' now that he’s brought new life into the world.
'It's more beautiful than I imagined. Everything is more colorful, more exciting. Music, you know, sounds better. He's just a beautiful little boy.'
John announced the news of his son’s birth on Monday in an Instagram post which featured Billy - who is named after John’s late father - laid on his dad’s chest.
Happy couple: John rested his hand on Caitlin's baby bump at the Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on January 21
The caption read: 'From now on, the best part of me will always be my wife and my son. Welcome Billy Stamos (named after my father) #NotJustanUncleAnymore #Overjoyed (sic)'
Meanwhile, the former E.R. actor previously praised Caitlin - who he married in February - for dealing with her pregnancy 'like a champ.
'Every day I'm with her I just realize, first of all, how lucky I am, but what a special human she is. She's magical. She floats into a room. I've never heard her say a bad word about anybody.'
'And the said it wouldn't last': John shared this shot of him and Caitlin at Disneyland on February 10, a week after they tied the knot
Most watched News videos
- Horrifying moment banned driver runs over six-year-old girl
- Crazed gunman storms into church and attacks worshippers
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Man beats his ex-girlfriend and attacks her hairdresser friend
- Sneak peak at the ABC documentary 'This is Farrah Fawcett'
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- AOC says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'
- YouTuber cuts through objects with a superheated sword
- Theresa May delivers final plea to MPs to back her Brexit deal
- Bodycam footage shows armed cop fatally shooting an active shooter
- Dashcam captures F-16 pilot ejecting from plane before crash