Emma Thompson looks concerned as she talks to Bill Clinton on a New York City street
You never know who you'll bump into in New York City, and on Sunday Bill Clinton and Emma Thompson bumped into each other by Madison Square Park.
His daughter Chelsea live on the park in a $12million apartment with her unemployed husband Marc and two kids, and he was likely nearby to visit his grandchildren.
But despite the glorious weather, Thompson, 59, looked concerned as she talked to the former president, who just one day earlier was in Texas at the funeral service for Barbara Bush, sitting by the Obamas and just down from Melania Trump.
Emma Thompson bumped into Bill Clinton by Madison Square park on Sunday, just north from the iconic Flatiron Building
Thompson stood with her a hand on her hip and a concerned look on her face as she chatted with the former president
Bill was dressed in a blazer and loafers and seemed unconcerned with the fact he was standing in the road
Thompson played a fictionalized version of Hillary Clinton in the movie Primary Colors twenty years ago, with John Travolta in the role based on Bill. While filming that movie, Donald Trump asked Thompson on a date
Multiple Secret Service agents, wearing ear pieces and conspicuous in their khakis and blazers, kept the celebrity duo safe from cars and tourists wanting selfies
Thompson, dressed for the warm day in a oversized jacket, sneakers and a backpack, once played a character based on Hillary Clinton in the film Primary Colors.
The Oscar winner revealed last year that Trump once asked her on a date in 1997, while she was filming that movie, and had she accepted than maybe she could have changed the course the of history and he wouldn't be president now.
But Thompson married Greg Wise and had daughter Gaia instead of being the third Mrs Trump, and Sunday found herself in Manhattan bumping into Bubba, whose wife lost to Mr Trump.
The pair chatted in the middle of the street, with Clinton's Secret Service agents making sure no one could get too close to the famous pair and also ensuring that they weren't hit by a car.
One day earlier Clinton was at Barbara Bush's funeral service, but it's unknown he and Hillary chatted with Melania, who attended without her husband. No doubt the day left him with plenty of stories for Thompson either way
Most watched News videos
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Hospitality expert reacts to Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain collapse
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Man beats his ex-girlfriend and attacks her hairdresser friend
- Sneak peak at the ABC documentary 'This is Farrah Fawcett'
- Dashcam captures F-16 pilot ejecting from plane before crash
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- YouTuber cuts through objects with a superheated sword
- Theresa May delivers final plea to MPs to back her Brexit deal
- Bodycam footage shows armed cop fatally shooting an active shooter
- Crazed gunman storms into church and attacks worshippers
- AOC says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'