Kanye courts more controversy by professing his 'love' for Trump and complaining he 'couldn't get nothing done' with Obama
- Radio host Ebro Darden said he spoke to Kanye West after the rapper tweeted his support for Candace Owens, a conservative mouthpiece and Trump backer
- Darden said during the conversation, Kanye professed his love for Donald Trump
- Kanye said he 'couldn't get anything done' with Obama, but Trump met with him
- Obama famously called Kanye a 'jacka**' after he interrupted Taylor Swift
During that conversation, Darden claims Kanye said 'I love Donald Trump' while complaining that he 'couldn't get anything done' with Obama.
Kanye West professed his love for Donald Trump during an interview with radio host Ebro Darden at the weekend (pictured, the pair meet at Trump Tower in 2016)
Darden said Kanye told him that his goal is to 'deprogram' people by 'challenging conventional black thought', and he feels he is being demonized for doing so
'I reached out to Obama for years and couldn’t get anything done, but Trump gave me a meeting,' Darden claimed Kanye said during his Monday morning show.
Obama was famously caught on a hot mic calling Kanye a 'jacka**' after he interrupted Taylor Swift's MTV awards speech in 2009, then stood by the comment in an interview in 2012.
Darden said he challenged Kanye, suggesting that Trump merely used him for a quick photo opportunity, but the singer retorted that Trump is a busy man.
Kanye also explained to Darden that his philosophy is to 'deprogram people' and 'have them think differently than they did before', Darden said.
The singer also said that he felt 'demonized' for 'challenging conventional black thought', according to the radio host.
Kanye's comments come ahead of his new album, which he said is due to be released on June 1.
It also comes after Kanye tweeted on Saturday morning: 'I love the way Candace Owens thinks.'
The original tweet quickly gained traction as over 32,000 people liked the post and another 10,200 retweeted it.
Darden said Kanye contacted him after tweeting his support for controversial conservative mouthpiece Candace Owens at the weekend
Kanye's tweet caused a huge amount of controversy when it was posted on Saturday, both from pro and anti-Trump supporters
I’m freaking out. @kanyewest ....please take a meeting with me. I tell every single person that everything that I have been inspired to do, was written in your music,' Owens said on Twitter sharing West's post.
'I am my own biggest fan, because you made it okay. I need you to help wake up the black community.'
Owens is a known conservative, who is known for proudly bashing Black Lives Matter while singing praises of President Donald Trump.
An ardent opponent to 'social justice warriors', she has gained million of followers for her videos on Facebook.
She was recently tapped to be far-right group Turning Point USA's director of urban engagement.
Kanye has been quite vocal of his support for controversial conservatives.
Soon after Donald Trump Presidential election, West shared with a Californian audience that he would have voted for Trump.
'I told y’all I didn’t vote, right? But if I would’ve voted, I would’ve voted for Trump.' He said
'We live in a racist country. That is a fact. This world is racist, OK? Let’s stop being distracted to focus on that as much.'
In December of 2016, he met with President Donald Trump but soon after deleted all his post about the President after he was hit with a wave of criticism.
Most watched News videos
- Bodycam footage shows armed cop fatally shooting an active shooter
- Moment an 'exhausted' baby elephant collapses on the streets
- Moment biker thinks he has found his buddy’s stolen dirt bike
- Man is beaten and kicked in the face on the NY subway
- Dashcam captures F-16 pilot ejecting from plane before crash
- Man beats his ex-girlfriend and attacks her hairdresser friend
- Huawei P30 Pro users demonstrates the 50X superzoom
- Sneak peak at the ABC documentary 'This is Farrah Fawcett'
- Hospitality expert reacts to Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain collapse
- Halle Berry passionately plants a kiss on Lena Waithe
- Terrifying moment monster great white sharks attacks a small boat
- Crazed gunman storms into church and attacks worshippers