90 Day Fiance's Larissa Dos Santos opens up about why she left her two children in Brazil when she moved to America to hook up with Colt

Larissa Dos Santos' latest revelation on 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? was an eye opener as to why she left her children in another country.

During Sunday night's episode, the 33-year-old shared that has children in her home country of Brazil and her decision not to bring them to America.

Her now ex-husband Colt Johnson knew about the children but Larissa came clean to her former mother-in-law, with whom she has a fraught relationship.  

Bombshell! Larissa Dos Santos dropped a major bombshell during Sunday night's episode of 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? as she revealed she has children back in Brazil

Bombshell! Larissa Dos Santos dropped a major bombshell during Sunday night's episode of 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? as she revealed she has children back in Brazil

'I miss my children every day,' she said during the episode. 'It was really hard leaving my children behind when I moved to America.'

Larissa explained that she was hesitant to bring her kids with her, not knowing what life would be like in the US.  

'I know that it’s hard to understand,' she said. '"Why you don’t bring your children to America, Larissa?"'

'But you know I just saw Colt twice in my life. So I thought to first come here to work with my relationship with Colt and to later decide to bring my children one day.'

'I miss my children every day,' she said during the episode. 'It was really hard leaving my children behind when I moved to America.'

Debbie, Colt's mom, responded by being upset about being kept in the dark about her short-lived daughter-in-law's children. 

'I think Larissa has a lot of secrets,' Debbie said in the show. 'And now I’m just wondering what else is she hiding.'

It seems Larissa's choice to keep her children away from America might have been the right move as her relationship with Colt crumbled.

In addition, a rift between Debbie and Larissa has been heating up this week as Johnson alleged that her former daughter-in-law was set to be deported.

Shocker! Colt reportedly knew about her children but Larissa made the revelation to her former mother-in-law Debbie (Colt and Debbie pictured)

Shocker! Colt reportedly knew about her children but Larissa made the revelation to her former mother-in-law Debbie (Colt and Debbie pictured)

Larissa quickly came to her own defense, posting a long message on Instagram dispel the rumors after Debbie posted an Instagram comment saying that her deportation 'takes time.'  

'I woke up this morning, to find messages sent to me, and posted about my legal status in the US,' the reality star wrote.

'This isn’t true, everything about my status in the US is confidential and will not be disclosed by third parties that [are] not involved in any immigration process with me,' she said.

She went on to explain that she's been trying to just live her life and 'allow the courts to handle everything,' as it's in 'their hands.'

Problems: Also on Sunday, an off-camera battle was brewing between Debbie and Larissa after Johnson commented that her former daughter-in-law's deportation was imminent

Problems: Also on Sunday, an off-camera battle was brewing between Debbie and Larissa after Johnson commented that her former daughter-in-law's deportation was imminent

'As many of you know, my court date is May 30th, it is the last and saddest chapter of my life and I want to finish it as soon as possible to finally have peace,' Larissa said.

In a more pointed statement at her former mother-in-law she ended by saying, 'I will not accept defamation of any kind.'

Additionally, Larissa's lawyer told Us Weekly Debbie's statements were untrue. 

Colt and Larissa tied the knot in front of cameras for the TLC show 90 Day Fiance, but the relationship quickly went south and they divorced 11 months later. 

In January, Larissa posted photos of deep cuts and scratches on her face and body, claiming they were inflicted during a fight she had with her husband.

Split: Larissa and Colt divorced after just 11 months together and hosted divorce parties at Crazy Horse in Las Vegas

Split: Larissa and Colt divorced after just 11 months together and hosted divorce parties at Crazy Horse in Las Vegas 

Authorities ultimately determined the wounds had been self-inflicted and that Larissa had been the aggressor in the fight, according to TMZ.

She was subsequently arrested for domestic battery and charged with a misdemeanor for allegedly punching Colt in the head.

It was during this time that Colt filed for divorce.

Larissa had been arrested twice before on domestic violence charges in Las Vegas, once in June and again in November last year. Both misdemeanor cases were subsequently dismissed.

Trouble: The Brazilian native was arrested for domestic battery and charged with a misdemeanor for allegedly punching Colt in the head; previously she was arrested twice before on domestic violence charges in Las Vegas, once in June and again in November last year

Trouble: The Brazilian native was arrested for domestic battery and charged with a misdemeanor for allegedly punching Colt in the head; previously she was arrested twice before on domestic violence charges in Las Vegas, once in June and again in November last year

Advertisement

90 Day Fiance's Larissa Dos Santos opens up about why she left her two children in Brazil

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

What's This?

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.