Homeowner left seriously ill after three masked raiders broke into his house and threw acid on his legs
- Victim, 50, was attacked by raiders in upstairs bedroom in terraced home
- Police said it is thought to have been a targeted attack
Three masked intruders broke into a man's home and threw acid at his legs leaving him with serious injuries, police said today.
The men broke into the terraced home in Bradford, West Yorkshire, before setting upon the 50-year-old victim in an upstairs bedroom.
They then threw a 'dangerous chemical' over him in what police believe was a targeted attack.
Acid attack: The man was targeted by a group of three masked men in this road in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Police described the incident as a targeted attack
The emergency services were called just after 2am on Monday and the man was taken to hospital for treatment to serious leg injuries and burns. He is in a serious but stable condition.
West Yorkshire Police are now appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
But they have not revealed which hospital the victim is being treated in, for fear he may be targeted again.
Detective Chief Inspector Nick Wallen, of the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said: 'This is a particularly serious incident in which a man has been assaulted and suffered burns after being attacked with a dangerous chemical.
'We do believe this was very much a targeted incident and not a random attack and I am appealing to anyone who has any information to contact us as it is important we arrest those responsible as quickly as possible.
'Anyone who saw suspicious behaviour outside the property or who has information is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team on 101 anonymously CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.
'I can promise anyone who contacts us that information will be treated in confidence.'
In particular, police are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour outside the property.
A police spokesman said they were conducting enquiries at the home itself, and the local Neighbourhood Policing Team had been carrying out reassurance patrols in the area.
Most watched News videos
- Mysterious condition causes woman's breasts to grow uncontrollably
- Incredible moment detective tackles man during press conference
- Emily Maitlis attempts to stop Tory MPs talking on BBC debate
- Coleman Hughes testifies at House hearing on slavery reparations
- Trump says 'this country will not stand for that' in Oval office
- Sajid Javid eliminated from Conservative Leadership race
- All together! NYC commuters sing Backstreet Boys in subway car
- Playful pup peaks past curtains for some piquant popcorn
- Royal Ascot revellers shows off their looks on Ladies' Day
- Merchants tie woman to pole and set her feet on fire for stealing
- Theresa May and former PMs pay tribute to Jeremy Heywood in London
- Rory Stewart sits on the edge of his seat in BBC TV debate