Anti-abortionist shot dead in front of teenagers as they arrive for school
An anti-abortionist has been shot dead in front of horrified teenagers as they arrived for school.
The man, identified locally as Jim Pouillon, was shot and killed outside the Owosso High School in Owosso, Michigan, at about 7.30am local time today as schoolbuses dropped youngsters off for class.
Owosso High School in Michigan, where an anti-abortionist was shot dead today (file photo)
The teenagers had to remain on their buses as police worked to secure the area.
Some reports claim a second man was shot dead shortly afterwards elsewhere in the town, however it was unclear if that shooting was related to the first attack.
However officers did arrest a man 45 minutes after the high school shooting.
The school claimed none of its students were involved in the attack.
A black car could be seen close to the school where a portable oxygen tank was lying in a front yard next to a large sign bearing the image of a baby and the word 'Life'.
Most watched News videos
- Wannabe rapper uses another man's car to shoot music video
- Tourists and well-wishers arrive in Windsor ahead of christening
- Woman gets roasted on Twitter for leaving dog outside
- Stromboli: Smoke blasted into the air as volcano erupts
- Starbucks worker gets over excited meeting footballer James Milner
- Ferry stuck under Westminster Bridge after crashing near Parliament
- Shoplifters ransack $30k worth of merchandise from North Face store
- Passengers fly into windscreen when cabbie dozes off and crashes
- CCTV captures restaurant hit by 6.4-magnitude earthquake in CA
- Woman and three children stabbed in North London
- Justice Sec Gauke: 'I'd rather resign than be sacked by Boris'
- Moment a station wagon drifts sideways across four lanes of highway