NitroTracker - A music tracker for the DS

Post about new releases, or updated releases of homebrew projects.

Moderators: krom, SimonB, tepples, poslundc, wintermute, luna_s

0xtob

NitroTracker - A music tracker for the DS

Post by 0xtob » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi there!

In case you haven't noticed, I have realeased a tracker for the DS, that can be found at http://nitrotracker.tobw.net.

I'm mainly starting this post for having a place that bugs can be reported to.

My top priority with this project at the moment is making it compatible with every method to run homebrew on the DS. The methods that are confirmed to work (because I used them) are:
  • GBAMP
    WMB
    Bafio's WiFi-loader
If you have a card that is not the GBAMP, please test the program on your card and post here whether it works or not.

Also, if you have other bugs to report, this is the place.

Bye,
Tob

melw

Post by melw » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Heh, well I already sent you mail about this, but just to confirm: M3SD isn't working, even with the 0.11 release. Haven't played much with the latest Chishm FAT library (03/03/06) update so don't know if it should work or not, Moonshell works well with M3SD these days but Infantile is using his own modified version...

Wonder Boy

Thank You!

Post by Wonder Boy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:21 pm

Thank You, Thank You And Thank You!
Super-Tobias_Weyand!

?You Are My Hero! :-)

This application is one of which I more wished to have :-)

Grettings.
ARCADEs '85-'92+/-, Spectrum, Amiga 500, Alemania, 80x86, MS-DOS, VGA, Fasttracker II, Compiladores Turbo de Borland, Denthor's Asphyxia Tutorials, Daniel Navarro Medrano por su fabuloso DIV Games Studio, GB, GBC, GBA, GP32, DS...

Randy

Post by Randy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi!

Thanks for hours of fun!

But one big wish: real-time recording! (keyboard record while playing a song)

THANX!!!!!!!!

other

Post by other » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:36 pm

Click on the picture -> http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/NitroTracker-v0.1.zip
Click on the link -> http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/NitroTracker-v0.11.zip

I don't know if it's supposed to be like that.

tssf

Post by tssf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:42 pm

I think it's completely awesome. A lot of XM's loaded with it corrupt and don't play properly, but it's still early on. You need an Instrument editor for envelopes, too. :D

Are you using your own sound system or are you using a sound system that was ported? (Like libmikmod) ..Are you using hardware channels?

EDIT: Of course, I was using the M3, dunno if that would corrupt modules or not. I really should get my GBAMP up and running again.
Mathew Valente [TSSF]
------
Chrono Resurrection Musician

Dudu.exe

Post by Dudu.exe » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:45 pm

do not worked on my supercard CF ... got 2 balck screens after the Spring competition screen!

A2hok

Amazing

Post by A2hok » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:40 pm

Loved it, works on a supercard SD
do not worked on my supercard CF ... got 2 balck screens after the Spring competition screen!
Just use Sata's Supercard Converter

It works like a charm
White DS --- Supercard SD --- Passcard ---
-------www.ugames.tk--------
Webmasters, make money displaying Oxado contextual ads!

uzumakishade

Post by uzumakishade » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 pm

this looks awesome, i was wondering would you be able to do a ddr styled game? msg or pm me if you want to talk about it more :)

Wonder Boy

Post by Wonder Boy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:11 am

Again, wOndERfuL software :-)

Some suggestions for the future (not in special order):

- Possibility of muted tracks (channels).
- An "note insert mode" option (for not erase notes that is underneath moving them downwards, when we insert this note)
- Real-time recording! (keyboard record while playing a song) [as said Randy]

I suppose that already you will have thought them, but I have said you them to assure.

Bugs:
- Sometimes the song lets be listened to (although the track continues moving) <-- [I suppose that already you knew it, but...]

I feel to be able to help so little at the moment, but I will continue looking for bugs and thinking suggestions, since I love Fasttracker II :-)

Greetings.
ARCADEs '85-'92+/-, Spectrum, Amiga 500, Alemania, 80x86, MS-DOS, VGA, Fasttracker II, Compiladores Turbo de Borland, Denthor's Asphyxia Tutorials, Daniel Navarro Medrano por su fabuloso DIV Games Studio, GB, GBC, GBA, GP32, DS...

rzimmer1

mailing list

Post by rzimmer1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:08 am

please ad me to your mailing list for any updates please
rzimmer1@neo.rr.com

Wonder Boy

Re: mailing list

Post by Wonder Boy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:41 am

Yes, I also want to be added to the mailing list, please:
Wonder-Boy@iespana.es

TheChuckster

Post by TheChuckster » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:43 am

Excellent work! You've written one of the most professional DS homebrews. Keep it up man!

chatterbug89

Post by chatterbug89 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 am

I tried it out, and...this is extremealy cool. Untill now, I never used anything like this or done anythign like it, but...I quickly found out it's very adicting, even if i'm not realy a great composer :X Comes in at some of my favorite NDS homebrew.

Though, I noticed, if you try to record a sound sample longer than 2 secoudns or so, everything crashes..also...it crashed once when I just saved...and, opening the file, it ran out of ram (yet there were only two recordered sound samples on it and nothign else :X )..either way, this will keep me etertained for quite a long time ^^

captain_duck

Post by captain_duck » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:01 am

Wow thats some really awesome peace of work. My friend will love this, he's allways made music with fasttracker back in the days

So i want to show him, but it doesnt really work. Im using the new .11 version on my M3 SD, and it runs if i press start to load the rom.

But when i go to the HD tab, it doesnt show a file manager thingie :/. Im guessing something is still wrong with loading from SD disks ?. And because of that i cant load any samples and cant make any music at all (well from what i understand)